This watercress salad recipe is a light-weight, contemporary spring aspect dish. It is full of crisp veggies, creamy avocado, and a shiny champagne French dressing.
In the event you want a last-minute aspect dish for Mom’s Day, I believe this watercress salad can be excellent. It’s precisely the form of dish I wish to serve at a special day meal. Mild and refreshing, it supplies a welcome distinction to heartier fare like cinnamon rolls (at brunch) or a saucy, tacky lasagna (at dinner). And whereas it’s easy to make, it’s a bit extra sudden than an everyday inexperienced salad. The watercress provides it a peppery chunk, which I tame with candy, juicy orange segments and a shiny champagne French dressing. Mozzarella and avocado add creamy richness, and toasted pistachios and crisp spring veggies carry loads of crunch.
This watercress salad is finest proper after it’s assembled, however you possibly can nonetheless do a number of the prep upfront. Make the dressing right now, and blanch the snap peas. Tomorrow, it’ll be a breeze to place collectively!
Watercress Salad Recipe Substances
Right here’s what it’s worthwhile to make this watercress salad recipe:
- Watercress, in fact! In the event you’ve by no means tried it, it has a definite peppery style and wonderful delicate texture. In the event you can’t discover watercress, make this salad with contemporary arugula or combined salad greens as an alternative.
- Snap peas and fennel – For crunch! Additionally they add their distinctive flavors to the salad. The fennel brings notes of anise, whereas the snap peas add an earthy sweetness.
- Orange segments – Their sweetness cuts the watercress’s chunk.
- Avocado and contemporary mozzarella – I like how these wealthy, creamy substances play off the contemporary spring veggies.
- Toasted pistachios – For (extra) crunch and nutty taste.
- Champagne French dressing – I make this easy dressing with olive oil, contemporary orange juice, Dijon mustard, and champagne vinegar. It brings the salad collectively, including tangy, fruity taste.
- A lemon wedge – Squeeze it over the salad for a pleasant shiny end.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
So contemporary! The tender inexperienced leaves are excellent for spring.
Watercress Salad Serving Ideas
Serve this watercress salad as a aspect dish for a spring dinner or brunch. For dinner, it pairs properly with this asparagus risotto, creamy mushroom polenta, or a bowl of potato leek soup. It additionally goes effectively with these pasta recipes:
Take pleasure in!
Extra Favourite Salad Recipes
In the event you love this watercress salad recipe, strive one among these contemporary salads subsequent:
This watercress salad is a contemporary, scrumptious aspect dish! The brilliant French dressing and the candy orange segments tame the watercress’s peppery chunk.
- 4 ounces snap peas
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Champagne French dressing
- 3 cups watercress
- Segments from ½ navel orange
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces torn contemporary mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Lemon wedge, for serving
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water close by. Drop the snap peas into the boiling water and blanch for two minutes. Take away the snap peas and instantly immerse within the ice water lengthy sufficient to chill utterly, about 15 seconds. Drain and place on a kitchen towel or paper towels to dry.
In a small bowl, mix the sliced fennel with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing and a pinch of salt. Gently toss to coat.
Assemble the salad on a platter with the watercress, fennel, snap peas, orange segments, avocado, and mozzarella. Drizzle with a number of the dressing and high with the pistachios. Season to style with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, and serve.