My well-loved Banana Muffin recipe makes extremely mushy, moist muffins with tall, bakery-style tops, candy banana taste, and an non-compulsory streusel topping. Recipe features a how-to video!
Your New Favourite Breakfast Muffin
In the present day I’m re-sharing considered one of my favourite muffin recipes on the weblog, and apparently, it’s considered one of your favorites too! With practically 500 five-star scores, this banana muffin recipe is so well-loved–and for good purpose. These aren’t bland, boring, or primary banana muffins; they’re fluffy, moist, and loaded with banana taste! And if that’s not sufficient, I like to recommend topping them with a crumbly, buttery streusel topping…yum.
It took numerous tries and tweaks to get this recipe simply good, nevertheless it was nicely definitely worth the trial and error. This recipe makes the softest, most flavorful banana muffin I’ve ever tasted–with or with out the streusel on prime–and I’m so proud to share it with you!
What Makes My Banana Muffin Recipe the BEST:
- It produces large, lovely muffin tops, due to a nifty oven trick.
- They honestly style like banana muffins, not banana bread in muffin kind.
- No mixer wanted–these come collectively simply by hand!
- They take simply half-hour from begin to end.
What You Want
I discovered I wanted a number of key components for tremendous flavorful banana muffins:
- Three ripe bananas. Ripe bananas mash simpler and impart a stronger banana taste, so save this recipe for these darkish brown bananas lingering on the backside of your fruit basket (in contrast to those pictured above!).
- Butter and oil. We’re utilizing a mix of each for the perfect flavored and textured banana muffin (similar purpose I exploit a mix of the 2 in my vanilla cake!). Persist with a impartial oil like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed, and ensure your butter is unsalted.
- Sugar. Utilizing some brown sugar offers the muffins a wealthy taste that granulated alone wouldn’t present.
- Buttermilk. This retains the muffins good and moist. Should you’re low on buttermilk, give my straightforward buttermilk substitute a strive!
SAM’S TIP: Overmixing your batter can result in muffins which might be too robust and dense. To keep away from this, I strongly suggest stirring your banana muffin batter utterly by hand. Fortunately, we’re utilizing melted butter on this recipe, so mixing by hand is a breeze!
Bear in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the submit!
Make Banana Muffins
- Mash your bananas, then add the oil and melted butter.
- Stir within the sugar, then add the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Mix your dry components in a separate bowl, then gently fold them into the moist components.
- Portion the batter right into a paper-lined muffin tin, filling every liner is ¾ of the way in which full.
- Put together your streusel, if utilizing, and portion over every muffin.
- Bake your muffins for 8 minutes, then scale back the temperature and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes till accomplished.
SAM’S TIP: Whereas I personally love and suggest the streusel topping, I do know not everybody needs the additional sugar or dishes. As you’ll be able to see, the “bare” banana muffin pictured under baked up superbly with a good tidier, greater muffin prime. So be at liberty to skip it!
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Sure, though I do have a separate banana nut muffin recipe you would possibly need to strive (it makes use of browned butter too 🤤). You’ll be able to add between 1-1½ cups of add-ins (chocolate chips work nicely!) to this banana muffin recipe. I like to recommend including them if you’re nearly accomplished incorporating the dry components.
Sure! To do that, you’ll comply with the identical directions I present for my bakery-style chocolate chip muffins:
Bake at 425F for 8 minutes, then scale back the oven to 350F (don’t open the door!) and proceed baking till the muffins start to show golden brown. This may take wherever from 7-Quarter-hour, so control them!
This banana muffin recipe freezes very nicely! In reality, I did this in preparation for Luke’s arrival so I at all times had a fast breakfast useful throughout his new child section.
If you would like need to freeze yours, enable them to chill utterly, wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a Ziploc bag, and freeze. To thaw, both set your muffins out at room temperature or microwave them (simply use the defrost setting or they’ll develop into onerous).
So, do you agree? Is that this the BEST banana muffin recipe? Let me know within the feedback!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! Should you do that recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Fb
The Finest Banana Muffin Recipe
The BEST Banana Muffin Recipe! The batter comes collectively in minutes and is baked on two temperatures for probably the most moist, fluffy banana muffins you’ve got ever had. May be made with or with out streusel topping!
Servings: 15 muffins
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners*
Place peeled bananas in a big bowl and use a fork or a potato masher to mash them – bananas ought to be well-mashed.
Add canola oil and melted butter and stir nicely.
Stir in sugars till well-combined.
Add eggs and vanilla extract and butermilk and stir nicely. Put aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively your dry components — flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry components to your moist batter and gently fold in till components are simply mixed (don’t over-mix the batter!).
Portion batter into ready muffin tin, filling every liner ¾ of the way in which full. Put aside and put together your Streusel topping.
Streusel Topping (non-compulsory)
Mix flour, brown sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and use a fork to stir the components collectively.
Utilizing a pastry cutter, lower in your chilly butter till the butter is well-worked in and your combination resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over every muffin.
Bake muffins on 425F (218C) for 8 minutes after which scale back the oven temperature to 350 (175C) (don’t open the oven door or take away the muffins, simply depart them in and scale back the temperature) and bake one other 7-8 minutes on 350F (177C). A toothpick inserted within the heart of the biggest muffin ought to come out clear or with few moist crumbs (no moist batter) to check for doneness.
Enable muffins to chill earlier than having fun with.
Be at liberty so as to add nuts or chocolate chips! Simply stir them in on the finish.
Serving: 1muffin | Energy: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 247IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
This recipe was initially revealed 01/05/2018. Up to date with extra data and higher images 10/17/2019.