This parmesan baked zucchini is such a straightforward and scrumptious recipe. Everybody will get their veggies in with these zucchini cash which are tossed in olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
The BEST Baked Zucchini
Is it that point of 12 months the place you will have a lot zucchini that you just don’t know what to do with all of it? This baked zucchini is the right recipe to make use of up your zucchini and revel in it on the similar time.
right here’s why we love this recipe
- It’s a veggie dish that has scrumptious taste.
- This baked zucchini is prepared in lower than half-hour.
- You may make this recipe your personal by including completely different spices and substances.
- It’s a nice recipe to make when you must burn up some zucchini and get your veggies in.
- This baked zucchini is crispy on the skin and tender on the within.
- If you happen to’re on the lookout for zucchini facet dishes, this recipe is a superb possibility.
Instruments You Want
This roasted zucchini recipe may be very easy, nevertheless it helps to have the precise instruments to get the job completed! Beneath are a couple of instruments that will assist.
- Olive oil– you want some type of binder to permit your whole substances to stay to the zucchini. We extremely advocate olive oil however you should use any selection of oil that you want to.
- Zucchinis– zucchinis are available in all styles and sizes. You will want 4 medium sized zucchinis (~6-8 inches).
- Parmesan cheese- finely grated parmesan is what you’re on the lookout for. We don’t advocate utilizing shredded parmesan. It tends to not keep caught to the zucchini,
- Spices– we used a spice mix of garlic, salt (kosher salt or desk salt), pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper for warmth.
The right way to Make Baked Zucchini
- Get the baking sheet prepared. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward clear up after which place an oven secure cooling rack on a big baking sheet. We extremely counsel utilizing the cooling rack, it permits the zucchini to bake extra evenly.
- Prep the spices + cheese. Combine the parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Slice the zucchini. Get your zucchini prepped by rinsing the zucchini and the slice them into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Dredge the zucchini. One of the simplest ways to ensure all of the zucchini cash are coated in parmesan is to dredge one zucchini coin at a time. Dip a coin in olive oil, let extra olive oil drip off, after which dip the zucchini within the parmesan combination being certain that that every zucchini is roofed in parmesan. Place every zucchini coin on the cooling rack and repeat.
- Bake. Place the zucchini within the oven and bake at 400ºF for 6-7 minutes.
- Broil. For the final minute flip the oven to broil so the tops of the zucchini get golden brown.
- Take pleasure in. Take away from the oven and allow them to cool for 3-5 minutes earlier than eradicating them from the cooling rack. If you happen to take away them too quickly the parmesan cheese will keep on with the cooling rack.
In case you are serving this baked zucchini to a crowd, serve them on a pan or platter and sprinkle recent herbs excessive and serve with a recent squeeze of lemon juice to raise them as an appetizer.
Ideas + Tips
Add Totally different Spices
We saved the spice mix for this baked zucchini tremendous easy with the intention to style each the zucchini and the saltiness of the parmesan.
If you wish to spice issues up, be happy so as to add a teaspoon or two of any of the spice blends beneath to your parmesan combination!
Selfmade ranch seasoning- The very best selfmade ranch seasoning recipe on the web. You’ll need to have a jar of this ranching seasoning over any store-bought packet…belief me!
All the things bagel seasoning- All the things Bagel Seasoning must be the brand new all-purpose seasoning that you just placed on every little thing! It’s made with simply 6 substances and really addicting.
Selfmade taco seasoning- Make your personal Selfmade Taco Seasoning with simply 9 substances you possible have already got in your spice cabinet, and also you’ll be in your solution to probably the most flavorful meat or veggie tacos very quickly
Moroccan seasoning- Moroccan spices are the right taste addition for rooster thighs, roasted greens, and tomato-based stews!
Get them additional crispy
There are a couple of methods you may make your zucchini a bit extra crispy.
- Attempt slicing the zucchini just a little bit thinner. They may style extra like zucchini chips!
- Roast the zucchini at the next temperature
- Attempt to fry them in an air fryer as a substitute!
Sure, you should use an air fryer! Take a look at our Air Fryer Zucchini recipe for all the main points
We bake this zucchini for 6-7 minutes at 400ºF after which broiled it for one minute.
To verify baked zucchini doesn’t get soggy, be sure you bake the zucchini for a brief period of time at a excessive warmth.
Sure, yellow squash will work precisely the identical manner as zucchini.
The right way to Retailer Baked Zucchini
We advocate storing the baked zucchini in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and place a steel rack onto a big baking sheet. Spray the steel rack and baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. put aside.
- Subsequent, place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a bowl and blend.
- Dredge every oiled zucchini spherical by means of the parmesan combination. Make sure that the zucchini rounds are fully lined within the parmesan combination. Place every spherical on the steel rack on the baking sheet.
- As soon as all of the rounds are on the baking rack, place the zucchini within the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes at 400ºF.
- Lastly, flip the oven to broil and broil the zucchini for 30 seconds to 1 minute or till the zucchini is golden brown.
- Take away from the oven and let cool.
- Serve instantly.
Serving Dimension: 1/4
Ldl cholesterol: 11