This straightforward strawberry margarita recipe is fruity, tart, and candy. Served on the rocks, it is such a scrumptious, refreshing summer season deal with!
What higher solution to kick off summer season than with a strawberry margarita?! It’s fruity, it’s refreshing, and it’s SO darn enjoyable. And regardless of its spectacular look (take a look at that ruby purple colour!), it’s straightforward to make. Blitz up a fast strawberry puree in a blender, and add some to a cocktail shaker with 5 easy components. Then, simply shake and serve!
I particularly love this strawberry margarita recipe as a result of it has an extra-summery twist. As an alternative of constructing it with common easy syrup, I exploit easy syrup infused with basil. It brings a lot freshness and depth to this already-delicious drink. Add a garnish of recent basil leaves for a festive of completion.
Strawberry Margarita Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this strawberry margarita recipe:
- Strawberries, in fact! I typically make this recipe with thawed frozen strawberries (one 10-ounce bag is the proper dimension for 4 margaritas). However in case you have nice recent strawberries, they’d work properly right here too.
- Tequila – Use your favourite silver, or blanco, tequila right here.
- Orange liqueur – Suppose Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or triple sec.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed, please! It makes this strawberry margarita tangy and brilliant.
- Easy syrup – For sweetness. Comply with the herbed variation within the recipe to infuse it with recent basil taste. In fact, be happy to make use of common easy syrup in case you favor.
- Salt – For the rim of the glass. Common sea salt, kosher salt, and flaky sea salt all work properly!
- And ice – As a result of I at all times like this margarita on the rocks.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Find out how to Make a Strawberry Margarita
To make this strawberry margarita recipe, you’ll begin by prepping two parts: the easy syrup and the strawberry puree.
To make the easy syrup, observe the directions in this recipe. The entire course of simply takes quarter-hour!
Whereas the easy syrup infuses, puree the strawberries. Place 10 ounces of hulled recent berries or thawed frozen berries in a blender. Puree till fully clean. Pressure the puree to take away the seeds and any foam.
Then, combine up the strawberry margarita! Begin by salting the rim of a glass. Rub the rim with a lime wedge, and dip the glass in a small plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Place 2 ounces of the strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker with the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, easy syrup, and extra ice. Shake, then pressure into the glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge, recent strawberries, and basil. Take pleasure in!
Refrigerate (or freeze) the strawberry puree to make extra margaritas afterward, or, in case you’re serving a gaggle, shake up extra instantly.
Extra Favourite Summer season Cocktails
For those who love this strawberry margarita, attempt certainly one of these summer season cocktail recipes subsequent:
Serves 1 to 4
This fruity, refreshing strawberry margarita recipe is ideal for summer season! Serve it on the rocks with recent strawberries and basil leaves for garnish.
For the strawberry puree:
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed (quantity for 4 margaritas)
For every margarita:
- Sea salt for the glass rim, non-obligatory
- Handfuls of ice
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, we like Cointreau
- 1 ounce recent lime juice, plus wedges for the glass and for garnish
- ½ ounce Easy Syrup with basil
- 2 ounces strawberry puree
- Recent strawberries and recent basil leaves, for garnish
Make the strawberry puree: Puree the strawberries in a blender. Pressure to take away the seeds and any foam.
Make the margarita: Non-compulsory step: Salt the rim of a glass by rubbing a lime wedge across the edge and dipping the glass right into a small plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Place the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, easy syrup, and a pair of ounces of the strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and pressure into the glass with the salted rim. Garnish with a lime wedge, recent strawberries, and basil.