posted by Liz Berg
on March 3, 2022
This Simple Pizza Casserole has all of the terrific flavors of pizza baked in a dish that each children and grownups will love! Pasta, pizza and marinara sauces, pepperoni and Italian sausage plus loads of gooey mozzarella make for scrumptious consolation meals.
When your children are begging for pizza, serve them this tasty Pizza Bake as a substitute! Shake up pizza night time by skipping supply and making an attempt one thing new!
Why You’ll Love this Pizza Bake
- Everybody loves this from choosy toddlers to teenagers to grown ups. I despatched some leftovers house with considered one of my sons who texted me the following day wishing he had extra!
- It’s tremendous straightforward to make and you may swap out elements to replicate your favourite pizza toppings.
- It makes sufficient to fill a 9 x 13 casserole, so excellent to feed a crowd.
Regularly Requested Questions
What Elements are wanted for a Casserole?
There are usually 5 major elements or elements making up a casserole together with Protein, Starch, Greens, Sauce, and Cheese. On this casserole the protein is pepperoni and sausage, the starch is pasta, there aren’t any greens, the sauces are marinara and pizza sauce and the cheese is mozzarella.
Can You Make a Pizza Casserole forward of Time?
Sure, it may be made fully, wrapped in plastic, and saved within the fridge for 1-2 days earlier than baking. You’ll have to lengthen the baking time by 10 minutes or longer to compensate for the dish and contents being chilly.
Can You Freeze a Casserole?
Sure, many casseroles freeze properly. Make it possible for all of the elements will freeze and thaw with out compromising taste or texture. You’ll be able to both freeze a cooked casserole or an raw casserole (with any meat within the dish already cooked). Simply be sure that it’s wrapped properly so it’s hermetic. Write the date on the surface together with any baking directions, and freeze for 2-3 months.
To make use of, defrost in a single day within the fridge, and bake as directed extending the baking time as wanted since all of the elements will likely be chilly.
Suggestions for Making a Pizza Casserole with Pasta
Many of the recipe could be very easy, however listed below are some strategies that will help you make it for the primary time.
- Prepare dinner your pasta al dente or “to the tooth” because it means in Italian. Test the bundle instructions because the timing for al dente is usually listed on the field. This ensures the pasta doesn’t get mushy whereas persevering with to prepare dinner within the oven. The noodles will soak up any extra liquid from the sauces.
- PRO-Tip: Prepare dinner your pasta in properly salted water. The water ought to style like the ocean. This permits the pasta absorbs a few of the salt whereas it cooks, enhancing its taste.
- I used a rotini or fusilli formed pasta, however you should use penne, bow ties, even spaghetti as a substitute.
- This model has pepperoni and delicate Italian sausage because the “pizza” elements. Cooked and crumbled hamburger can be utilized as a substitute of sausage, and sauteed mushrooms, black olives or any of your favourite pizza toppings will also be added.
- If utilizing sausage or hamburger, prepare dinner first, breaking the meat aside, and drain any extra fats or liquid earlier than including it to the casserole. Season the hamburger with some seasoning salt whereas browning. The sausage has loads of taste as is.
- Make certain to make use of a very good high quality pizza sauce and marinara sauce for the perfect tasting pizza bake.
- On the day you bake this casserole, you won’t be able to chop it into squares like a lasagna. After chilling in a single day, leftovers lower extra neatly. However my household is joyful to eat large spoonfuls scooped on their plates.
Learn how to Make a Pizza Casserole
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare dinner your pasta in salted water in response to the instructions on the bundle for al dente, drain and add to the underside of the baking dish.
- Brown your sausage, breaking it into small items, then drain off extra grease. Wipe the pan to take away extra grease, then prepare dinner the pepperoni till barely crisp.
- High the pasta with the sausage, then each sauces.
- High the sauce with half the pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with each cheeses, then the remainder of the pepperoni.
- Bake as directed.
You Might Additionally Like:
- 12 ounces raw totini or fusilli pasta
- 1 pound delicate Italian sausage
- 30+ Pepperoni slices
- 24 ounce jar of Marinara or Pomodoro sauce
- 16 ounce jar of Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8+ ounces of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set it apart. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare dinner the pasta in well-salted water in response to the instructions on the bundle for al dente, then drain and add to the underside of the baking dish.
- Brown the sausage, breaking it into small items, then drain off extra grease. High the pasta with the sausage.
- Wipe the pan to take away extra grease, then prepare dinner the pepperoni till barely crisp.
- Pour the sauces over the sausage.
- High the sauce with half the pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the highest with each sorts of cheese, then the remainder of the pepperoni.
- Bake for half-hour, then take away the foil and bake for 10 extra minutes or till the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Recipe tailored from Southern Dwelling.
Swap out your favourite pizza toppings like hamburger, sauteed mushrooms, black olives, and so forth.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 538Whole Fats: 27gSaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 19gLdl cholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1640mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 25g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com often affords dietary info for recipes contained on this website. This info is offered as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This info comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to supply correct dietary info, these figures are solely estimates.
Various components comparable to product varieties or manufacturers bought can change the dietary info in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com advocate toppings, which can or will not be listed as elective and dietary info for these added toppings just isn’t listed. Different components might change the dietary info comparable to when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it isn’t calculated into the recipe as the quantity will fluctuate. Additionally, completely different on-line calculators can present completely different outcomes.
To acquire essentially the most correct illustration of the dietary info in any given recipe, you need to calculate the dietary info with the precise elements utilized in your recipe. You’re solely chargeable for guaranteeing that any dietary info obtained is correct.