These crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp are a simple and crowd-pleasing appetizer of plump, juicy shrimp in a crispy coconut and panko coating. Add your favourite dipping sauce for a whole dish.
Further-Crispy Air Fried Coconut Shrimp
Who doesn’t love the phrase “crispy” in the case of meals? Whether or not it’s savory Crispy Salmon Patties or candy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks, if we’re speaking about one thing crisp, golden and crunchy, you’ll be able to signal me up. And bonus factors if that factor can also be made in an air fryer with out the added oils of deep-frying. Nicely, these coconut shrimp examine all of these containers, after which some.
It is a completely crowd-pleasing finger meals appetizer or snack to serve for recreation day or any informal get-together. It seems to be (and sounds) spectacular, however that is truly a easy recipe that you may throw collectively in nearly 35 minutes.
Every juicy shrimp is coated in a lightweight however flavorful breading of candy coconut, crunchy panko breadcrumbs and dried parsley for freshness. All that’s lacking is a creamy or spicy dip for dunking!
What You’ll Want
It is a easy recipe with just a few primary substances to coat massive shrimp. Right here’s what you want:
- Eggs. These work to bind the coconut breading collectively and assist it keep on with the shrimp.
- Lime juice. This provides a stunning quantity of contemporary, zesty citrus taste to chop by means of the richness of coconut.
- Coconut shavings. You should use sweetened or unsweetened coconut, relying in your choice.
- Panko. These are Japanese bread crumbs that crisp up fantastically in an air fryer.
- All-purpose flour. This additionally helps bind the coconut breading to the seafood.
- Dried parsley. Be happy to make use of a distinct dried herb, reminiscent of cilantro, basil or oregano.
- Shrimp. Go for massive shrimp with their tail on for simple grabbing.
The way to Make Coconut Shrimp
That is a simple recipe that’s a easy matter of constructing a coconut breading and coating the shrimp earlier than popping them into the air fryer.
Combine the moist substances: First, mix the eggs and lime juice in a small bowl.
Combine the dry breading substances: In a second bowl, mix the coconut, panko, flour, salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
Bread the shrimp: Working one by one, dip each bit of shrimp first into the egg combination, then into the dry substances to coat on all sides.
Air fry the shrimp: Spray the breaded shrimp with nonstick spray and air fry at 375°F for 7 minutes, flipping after 4 minutes.
Ideas for Success
Use these useful tricks to good your coconut shrimp within the air fryer:
- Preheat: In case your air fryer wants it, ensure that to preheat it earlier than including the shrimp for max crispiness.
- Two Fingers: When breading the shrimp, it’s best to make use of one hand for the moist substances and a second for the dry combination. In any other case, your arms will simply get coated in sticky coconut.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Keep away from overcrowding the air fryer. If obligatory, fry the shrimp in batches.
What to Serve with Coconut Shrimp
I prefer to dunk these crispy shrimp in candy chili sauce. If you wish to combine up your appetizer recreation, listed below are another enjoyable appetizers I feel would pair effectively with this Coconut Shrimp:
The way to Retailer and Reheat Letovers
Serve these crispy coconut shrimp sizzling out of the air fryer for the very best texture and taste. If in case you have leftovers, you’ll be able to retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
To reheat, air fry the shrimp at 375°F for 2-3 minutes.
Can I Freeze Extras?
As soon as it’s been cooked, the shrimp received’t freeze and defrost effectively. It’s finest to take pleasure in these crispy coconut shrimp inside 4 days of constructing them.
Prepare dinner Time
- 2 massive eggs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cup coconut shavings, unsweetened or sweetened relying on choice
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 12 ounces massive shrimp, peeled with the tail on
- If wanted, preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk collectively the eggs and lime juice, put aside.
- In one other medium sized bowl, stir the coconut, breadcrumbs, flour, salt, pepper and parsley till effectively mixed.
- One by one, dip every shrimp into the egg combination, then drain and instantly dip it into the coconut combination and press the coconut onto the shrimp.
In batches if wanted, place shrimp in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket after which mist the shrimp with non-stick spray (or olive oil spray).
- Fry within the air fryer at 375°F for 4 minutes, then flip the shrimp and mist the tops once more with non-stick spray (or olive oil spray) and fry for 3 extra minutes or till crispy and golden.
Take away the shrimp from the basket and repeat the cooking course of, if wanted relying on what number of shrimp you might have or your dimension of air fryer.
- Serve along with your favourite candy chili sauce and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
These coconut shrimp might be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
To reheat them, air fry them once more at 375°F for two to three minutes.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 294Complete Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 218mgSodium: 1248mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g
Extra Enjoyable Shrimp Recipes
Love Shrimp? So do I! I really feel like I don’t make them sufficient, though they’re really easy. Listed here are just a few of my favourite methods to organize them:
This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.