The place has this recipe been all my life? I’ve all the time cherished hen piccata. It’s a few of my all-time favourite components: hen, lemon, capers, garlic, and herbs. It’s so flavorful and scrumptious, you may simply serve this to firm but it surely’s so fast and straightforward, you’ll wish to make it on busy weeknights too. This recipe solely takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to make!
To make issues tremendous straightforward, whisk collectively the sauce (broth, lemon juice/zest, capers) in a measuring cup and put aside. Then prep and brown your hen, sauté garlic (two cloves for many, 4 cloves for garlic lovers like me), then deglaze the pan with the sauce. Simmer till the sauce reduces by half (about 5 minutes), then add the hen again in. High with slightly parsley and extra lemon slices and also you’ve bought your self a surprising dinner.
This recipe actually exceeded my expectations. It’s so easy however packs such a taste punch. If you happen to love lemon as a lot as I do, you may be a contented camper consuming this pleasant, cheerful dish.
2 massive boneless skinless hen breasts
1 cup hen broth
1 massive lemon
2 Tbsp capers, drained
Sea salt, pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided use
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
Recent Italian parsley, chopped
For serving: rice or couscous
- Zest and juice the lemon. Whisk lemon juice with hen broth, lemon zest, and capers. Set sauce apart.
- Whisk flour with dried oregano in a shallow dish or on parchment paper.
- Rinse hen breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Set your hand on one hen breast and punctiliously slice lengthwise to make two cutlets. Repeat with second breast. Use a rolling pin or the sleek aspect of a meat mallet to pound every cutlet to half an inch thick. Season every cutlet properly with sea salt and black pepper, then dredge each side of cutlets in flour-oregano combination.
- Warmth 2 Tbsp olive oil and a pair of Tbsp butter in a big skillet. Add floured hen to the pan and cook dinner for 3-5 minutes on both sides over medium-high warmth till golden brown and cooked by means of. Take away hen cutlets to a plate and put aside.
- Decrease warmth and add one other tablespoon of butter to the skillet together with minced garlic and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes. Add sauce to the skillet and cook dinner for about 4-5 minutes, or till sauce has lowered by about half. Add the hen items again in and garnish with recent Italian parsley and lemon slices. Serve with rice or couscous.