posted by Liz Berg
on Might 31, 2022
Rooster with Artichokes and Israeli Couscous is a tasty simple weeknight meal that may be on the desk in about half-hour!
Have you ever made Israeli Couscous or Pearl Couscous? It’s extra like pasta and a scrumptious different to plain Moroccan couscous!
Why You’ll Love this Rooster Artichoke Recipe
- It’s a easy skillet dinner that’s packed stuffed with taste.
- Served over Israeli couscous as a substitute of rice or noodles, each parts are prepared in about half-hour.
- For those who’re like me, you make the identical rooster recipes again and again. This recipe is a yummy solution to shake up your menu.
I noticed this recipe for Rooster with Couscous in one of many earliest problems with the now-defunct On a regular basis Meals journal. Completely enamored by the look of the Israeli couscous, I scoured town for some to no avail. Again in 2011, I resorted to a mail-order supply however now can discover it simply in most grocery shops.
Regularly Requested Questions
What’s Israeli Couscous?
Israeli couscous is definitely little pearls of pasta, and I discover it nearer to the feel of orzo than customary couscous. Like conventional couscous, it’s manufactured from semolina flour. Often called Ptitim within the Center East, it was developed as a alternative for rice when the latter was scarce.
It’s really definitely worth the hunt to have a stash in your pantry. And this fast recipe is one in all my favourite methods to showcase this scrumptious pasta. Even if you happen to’re not a fan of traditional couscous, give this pearl couscous a strive!
How Do You Prepare dinner Israeli Couscous?
Prepare dinner it in salted water or rooster broth till “to the tooth” or simply barely tender. It can be cooked like rice with twice as a lot liquid as couscous. Simmer with the lid on till all of the liquid is evaporated and the couscous is cooked.
Ideas for Making this Recipe for Skillet Rooster
- Make sure that your oil is scorching earlier than including your floured and seasoned rooster. It will allow a brown crispy coating to develop.
- Purchase sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil for the most effective taste and texture. I like to purchase them complete and slice them myself.
- For those who’re a fan of normal couscous or would relatively serve this over rice or noodles, all of them work properly as a base for this rooster and its easy sauce.
- I like to make use of Wondra flour(see affiliate hyperlink within the recipe card), which is available in a blue canister close to the common flour, to coat my rooster. It’s granulated and leaves a pleasant, tremendous coat that browns superbly.
The right way to Make this Rooster with Couscous
- This rooster dish is a snap to tug collectively. It’s made with a slew of kitchen staples: frozen (and defrosted) boneless, skinless rooster breasts, canned artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, rooster broth, and, in fact, the couscous. I make sure so as to add scallions to my grocery record and I’m set.
- First, season the rooster, mud with flour, then brown it in olive oil.
- Subsequent, take away the rooster and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions together with some rooster broth. Whisk collectively for a fast sauce. Return the rooster to the pan.
- Whereas the rooster is engaged on its tan, simmer the couscous in rooster broth with the lid on.
- Dinner was prepared in about half-hour. This rooster with artichokes over Israeli couscous is ideal for a busy weekday however tasty sufficient for firm.
What to Serve With Rooster with Couscous:
You Might Additionally Like:
You may also get pleasure from this Rooster with Broccoli Solar-Dried Tomatoes and Pasta, Boursin Stuffed Rooster, and extra of my Rooster Recipes.
- 6 boneless skinless rooster breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour (I used Wondra flour, made by Gold Medal)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained, and halved
- A bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 cup rooster broth
For the couscous:
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups rooster broth
- Flatten the rooster with a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a skillet, warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season rooster with salt and pepper and coat with flour, shaking off any extra.
- Saute until flippantly browned on either side and cooked by means of. Take away.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and sauté then add white elements of scallions,
- Add one cup of rooster broth. Stir and prepare dinner, scraping up the brown bits from the underside of the pan Add artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare dinner until the artichokes and tomatoes are heated by means of. barely. Style and add extra salt and pepper if desired.
- To make the couscous, deliver the two cups of rooster broth to a boil. Add couscous. Boil until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Serve the rooster over couscous, and spoon sauce over the rooster. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
Tailored from On a regular basis Meals.
If you cannot discover Israeli couscous, common couscous, noodles or rice are tasty alternate options.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1 rooster breast
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 375Whole Fats: 15gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 11gLdl cholesterol: 104mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com sometimes affords dietary data for recipes contained on this website. This data is supplied as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This data comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to offer correct dietary data, these figures are solely estimates.
Various elements corresponding to product sorts or manufacturers bought can change the dietary data in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com suggest toppings, which can or is probably not listed as optionally available and dietary data for these added toppings shouldn’t be listed. Different elements might change the dietary data corresponding to when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it’s not calculated into the recipe as the quantity will differ. Additionally, completely different on-line calculators can present completely different outcomes.
To acquire essentially the most correct illustration of the dietary data in any given recipe, it’s best to calculate the dietary data with the precise elements utilized in your recipe. You’re solely liable for guaranteeing that any dietary data obtained is correct.