With this Roasted Blueberry Pull-Aside Loaf, every scrumptious layer peels again to disclose pockets of lemon-sugar-roasted blueberries, balancing acidity and boosting the fruit’s jam-like qualities.
Roasted Blueberry Pull-Aside Loaf
- 2½ cups (313 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (16 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) immediate yeast
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.25 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- ¼ cup (60 grams) complete milk
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 giant egg (50 grams), room temperature
- Roasted Blueberries (recipe follows)
- Lemon Sugar Glaze (recipe follows)
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk collectively 1 cup (125 grams) flour, sugar, yeast, and salt by hand.
- In a small saucepan, warmth butter, ¼ cup (60 grams) water, milk, and vanilla over medium-low warmth till butter is melted and an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add heat butter combination to flour combination; utilizing the paddle attachment, beat at medium-low velocity till mixed. Add egg, and beat till mixed. With mixer on low velocity, regularly add 1½ cups (188 grams) flour, beating simply till mixed and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Change to the dough hook attachment. Beat at low velocity till a mushy, considerably sticky dough varieties, 5 to 7 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl and dough hook; add as much as remaining 2 tablespoons (16 grams) flour, 1 tablespoon (8 grams) at a time, if dough is just too sticky. Prove dough onto a really frivolously floured floor, and form right into a clean spherical.
- Calmly oil a big bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Prove dough onto a really frivolously floured floor, and gently press into an 8×6-inch rectangle. Loosely wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as in a single day.
- Spray an 8½×4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting extra prolong over sides of pan.
- On a frivolously floured floor, roll dough right into a 13×10-inch rectangle (about ¼ inch thick). Utilizing a small offset spatula, unfold Roasted Blueberries onto dough, leaving a ½-inch border round edges. Utilizing a knife or pastry wheel, lower dough into 4 (10×3¼-inch) strips. Stack strips on prime of one another, and lower into 4 (3¼×2½-inch) rectangles.
- Stand ready pan vertically on one quick aspect. Beginning at backside, rigorously stack rectangles on prime of one another in pan. Flip pan proper aspect up. Loosely cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension, half-hour to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for quarter-hour. Loosely cowl with foil, and bake till prime and sides are golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in heart registers 190°F (88°C), 25 to half-hour extra. Let cool in pan for quarter-hour. Take away from pan, and drizzle with Lemon Sugar Glaze. Serve heat or at room temperature.
- 2 cups (340 grams) recent blueberries
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) packed lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a big rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss collectively all substances. Pour onto ready pan, spreading right into a single layer.
- Bake till blueberries begin to burst, 10 to fifteen minutes. Switch combination to a heatproof bowl, and let cool utterly.
Lemon Sugar Glaze
- 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) complete milk
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) packed lemon zest
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively all substances till clean. Use instantly.