PF Chang’s Rooster Lettuce Wraps are a beautiful appetizer or gentle meal. Asian spiced rooster is stir-fried with greens and served with cool lettuce cups. If you’ll find mung bean noodles you’ll want to fry these up and serve them with these.
This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
P.F. Chang’s Rooster Lettuce Wraps are great as appetizers or for a lightweight meal. Asian spiced rooster is stir-fried with greens and served with recent lettuce cups.
If you’ll find mung bean noodles, you’ll want to fry these up and serve them with these yummy Thai lettuce wraps.
The meals at P.F. Chang’s is extremely good, however you might not dwell close to one. Nonetheless, now you may make these Thai wraps in your individual kitchen.
These rooster lettuce wraps are savory and scrumptious. What’s extra, they don’t pile on the energy. They’re excessive in protein and low in carbs. Wholesome AND scrumptious meals is such a win.
This recipe is a copycat model of P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps served within the restaurant.
What Makes the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps So Good?
Lately, everybody desires to eat higher, however nobody desires to sacrifice implausible taste as a way to save a number of energy. That’s one drawback you received’t have to fret about while you make Rooster Lettuce Wraps.
With this PF Changs Lettuce Wraps recipe, you get all of the style of your favourite eggroll with out the fats and grease that comes with deep frying.
Why This Is the Recipe You Should Attempt For Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps.
This recipe doesn’t skimp relating to the filling. It’s chockfull of various sorts of veggies, cellophane noodles, and, after all, chunks of completely seasoned rooster.
Do this do-it-yourself model of PF Changs Rooster Lettuce Wraps, and you might discover that you simply prefer it a complete lot higher than those they serve on the restaurant.
What’s PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Made Of?
Right here’s a listing of substances you should make this PF Chang lettuce wrap recipe:
- Sherry or crimson wine
- Soy sauce – you should use low-sodium soy sauce
- Boneless skinless rooster breasts – you might use floor rooster if desired. floor turkey will work in a pinch
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- Recent ginger
- Garlic cloves
- Inexperienced onions
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Bamboo shoots
- Water chestnuts
- Chinese language cellophane noodles
- Hoisin sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sugar – brown sugar is a pleasant substitute
- Lettuce – you should use a head butter lettuce, or common iceberg lettuce, each work properly.
What Lettuce Do You Use for Lettuce Wraps?
Any number of lettuce with a gentle taste and huge leaves is appropriate for this recipe.
Butter lettuce’s spherical, bowl-like leaves, and delicate style make such a lettuce nearly excellent. Nonetheless, in case you can’t discover Butter lettuce, one other good choice is iceberg lettuce with its massive and really bland leaves
Learn how to Make PF Chang Lettuce Wraps
- In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce, and water. Add rooster and stir to coat completely.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon oil to the rooster combination and let sit for quarter-hour.
- Chop rooster into small items. Discard marinade.
- Warmth wok or massive skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to the wok after which add rooster and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take away rooster to a plate or bowl and put aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for a minute or so.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Return rooster to the wok. Add cooking sauce to the wok. Stir to mix.
- Prepare dinner till thickened and scorching. It’s possible you’ll need to style these and see if you should season with salt or extra soy sauce.
- Put together noodles in keeping with bundle directions.
- Take away the lettuce leaves from the core whereas the noodles are cooking.
- Break cooked cellophane noodles into small items and canopy the underside of serving the dish with them.
- Pour rooster combination on prime of noodles.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.
If you’re planning to serve this for friends as an appetizer, I like to recommend going with smaller leaves of lettuce, similar to butter lettuce. This manner, friends shall be restricted to spooning a lesser quantity of filling.
Ideas for Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Make Forward of Time – You’ll be able to simply make this recipe upfront. Go forward and make the filling as much as two days earlier than then reheat within the microwave or a big skillet.
- Reheating the Filling – From recent: Sprinkle just a little little bit of water on the filling, then reheat within the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring midway by. You may as well reheat on the stovetop in a skillet for 3-4
minutes. From frozen: Let the filling defrost within the fridge in a single day, then comply with the identical directions above. Add to recent lettuce and revel in!
- Storing Leftovers – The leftovers from this recipe will last as long as 5 days within the fridge. However don’t save leftover filling on the lettuce as a result of the lettuce will get soggy.
- Freezing the Filling – You’ll be able to freeze the filling in glass containers for as much as three months.
- Taking it to Work – A good suggestion is to retailer the filling within the backside of a mason jar then add chopped lettuce on prime in order that the 2 substances keep separated. Have a yummy Thai lunch at your desk.
How Do You Serve Lettuce Wraps?
While you serve these copycat PF Chang Lettuce Wraps, maintain the lettuce and heat rooster filling separate to stop the leaves from wilting. Let your friends roll their very own wraps, and don’t neglect to supply some additional hoisin, duck, and chili sauces for individuals who need to add just a little extra taste.
What To Serve With This PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
One or two of those lettuce wraps per individual is a lot as an appetizer portion, whilst you ought to plan on serving 5 – 6 lettuce wraps per individual for a lightweight meal.
How To Retailer This PF Changs Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Maintain the rooster filling in an hermetic container within the fridge. Assist the lettuce keep recent for longer by wrapping it in a paper towel and placing it within the crisper.
Make sure you change the paper towel in case you discover it’s getting damp. You’ll be able to retailer the rooster filling for as much as 4 days, and the lettuce will maintain for as much as three weeks.
PF Chang Lettuce Wrap Recipe FAQs
Why Are There So Many Carbs in PF Changs Lettuce Wraps?
At 77 grams of carbs per platter as served on the restaurant, these lettuce wraps are undoubtedly not low carb. The excessive carb depend is not only due to the cellophane noodles. Hoisin sauce, water chestnuts, cornstarch, sugar, and even shiitake mushrooms all have carbs.
How Many Energy Are in PF Changs Lettuce Wraps?
In response to a dietary menu, the rooster lettuce wraps have 710 energy as served on the restaurant, with 210 of these energy coming from fats.
Are Lettuce Wraps Gluten-Free?
Sure, based mostly on PF Chang’s web site, the chain’s rooster lettuce wraps are thought of to be gluten-free.
Love yummy Thai meals? Attempt these recipes!
Widespread Asian Recipes
And, I’d love to listen to what your favourite Thai dish is – be at liberty to drop me a line within the feedback.
PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
PF Chang’s Rooster Lettuce Wraps are scrumptious, wholesome, and stuffed with Asian flavors. Learn the way make them at dwelling with this simple copycat recipe.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sherry or crimson wine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Filling Substances for Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 kilos boneless skinless rooster breasts
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced inexperienced onions
- 1 cup minced shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces minced bamboo shoots
- 8 ounces minced water chestnuts
- 6 ounces Chinese language cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or crimson wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and leaves taken off the pinnacle however left complete
Combine all substances for “cooking sauce” and put aside. In a medium bowl, mix marinade substances and blend properly. Add rooster and stir to coat completely.
Stir in 1 teaspoon oil and let sit for quarter-hour. Warmth wok or massive skillet over medium-high warmth. Chop rooster into small items. Add 3 tablespoons oil, then add rooster and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Put aside. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan.
Add ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts stir-fry a further 2 minutes. Return rooster to the pan. Add combined cooking sauce to the pan.
Prepare dinner till thickened and scorching. Break cooked cellophane noodles into small items and canopy backside of serving the dish with them. Then pour rooster combination on prime of noodles. Serve alongside lettuce leaves, permitting everybody to take what they need, after which spoon into lettuce leaf and roll (like a burrito) individually.
Energy: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 41g | Fats: 23g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Ldl cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 961mg | Potassium: 1147mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Due to MarcyG76 for sharing this recipe.