This pasta primavera recipe is mild, recent, and easy to make. Filled with colourful veggies, it is the right simple dinner for spring or summer time night time.
I like to make this pasta primavera recipe after a visit to the farmers market in early summer time. I come dwelling with baggage stuffed with produce. Some comprise spring veggies like asparagus and peas that can solely be obtainable for a couple of extra weeks. Others maintain summer time finds like zucchini, squash, and cherry tomatoes whose season is simply beginning. The second when all these spring and summer time greens collide is so temporary that I really feel like I’ve to have a good time it. So, I prepare dinner a pot of pasta, sauté the veggies, and toss them collectively to make this pasta primavera recipe.
Pasta Primavera Recipe Substances
Whereas pasta primavera means “spring pasta” in Italian, the dish itself is definitely American. The story goes that it originated at the New York restaurant Le Cirque within the Seventies, and within the years following, it began popping up on Italian restaurant menus everywhere in the US. The unique model featured spaghetti and a wealthy butter and cream sauce, however nowadays, the title “pasta primavera” is given to all kinds of veggie pastas.
Right here’s what I take advantage of in my take:
- Pasta, in fact! I like to make use of penne pasta as a result of the noodles are the same measurement to the chopped greens. It makes it simple to get slightly of all the pieces in every chunk!
- Garlic and crimson onion – For savory depth of taste.
- Yellow squash and zucchini – Be at liberty to make use of only one or the opposite should you can’t discover each!
- Asparagus – For complexity and crunch.
- Cherry tomatoes – They change into tender and bursty, calmly coating the pasta of their juices.
- Peas – I usually use thawed frozen peas, although should you occur to have recent shell peas, you may completely blanch them and toss them in.
- Pecorino cheese – It makes the pasta calmly creamy. Parmesan cheese could be nice right here too!
- Recent lemon juice – I really like its vivid taste with all of the recent greens.
- Crimson pepper flakes – They add slightly warmth.
- Recent basil and tarragon – They carry a lot taste to this straightforward pasta dish. Technically, the tarragon is elective, but when you’ll find it, I extremely advocate utilizing it. It actually takes this recipe excessive!
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
The way to Make Pasta Primavera
This pasta primavera must be one of many easiest dinner recipes on Love & Lemons. It’s really easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, prepare dinner the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water. Drain it when it’s simply al dente. It’ll prepare dinner slightly extra with the veggies on the range, so that you wish to watch out to not overcook it now. Toss the pasta with a drizzle of oil to stop sticking.
Subsequent, sauté the veggies. I LOVE that each one the greens prepare dinner in a single pan on this recipe! Warmth a glug of olive oil in a big skillet, and toss within the garlic, onion, zucchini, squash, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. It solely takes a couple of minutes for the greens to melt.
Then, add the pasta, peas, cheese, and lemon juice. Toss till the cheese melts down and coats the pasta in a calmly creamy sauce. Stir within the recent herbs, and season to style.
Lastly, garnish with extra basil, and serve!
Pasta Primavera Serving Solutions
This pasta primavera makes a implausible meal by itself, although should you like, you may actually pair it with a facet dish or two. We like it with buttery slices of garlic bread and a facet salad. Strive serving it with any of those salad recipes:
Get pleasure from!
Extra Favourite Pasta Recipes
When you love this pasta primavera recipe, strive one in all these recent pasta recipes subsequent:
Filled with seasonal veggies, this pasta primavera is an easy, recent spring or summer time dinner. I record the tarragon as elective, however I extremely advocate utilizing it to take this recipe excessive!
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into skinny half moons
- 1 zucchini, sliced into skinny half moons
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1-inch items
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced crimson onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¾ cup grated pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- Crimson pepper flakes
- 1 cup recent basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup recent tarragon, elective
- Freshly floor black pepper
Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Put together the pasta in accordance with the package deal directions, cooking till al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to stop sticking.
Warmth the oil in a big, deep skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic, squash, zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, onion, salt, and a number of other grinds of pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or till the greens are tender.
Add the pasta, peas, cheese, lemon juice, and a pinch of crimson pepper flakes and toss to mix. Stir within the basil and tarragon, if utilizing.
Season to style, garnish with extra basil, and serve.