These fudgy, mini cookie cups are crammed with a delightfully ethereal Oreo cheesecake filling and topped with a mini Oreo cookie! This recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Cups is ideal for any event – or simply since you love Oreos and cheesecake!
A Excellent Two-Chunk Oreo Dessert
Oreos and cheesecake. Cheesecake and Oreos. It’s a match made in heaven! That’s why I’m completely in love with this recipe for fudgy, dark-chocolate cookie cups crammed with creamy, tangy Oreo cheesecake. Every mini cookie cup is a chunk of bliss!
Making these is pretty straightforward, as effectively – so worry not, my fellow Novice Cooks! Anybody could make these fairly little dessert cups. All you want is a mini muffin tin, the best elements, and somewhat little bit of time. However honest warning: should you do make these, you’ll be tempted to eat each final one!
The Elements You’ll Want
As you may think about, the elements for this recipe fall into two classes: the elements for the cookie cups, and the elements for the filling. Right here’s an in depth take a look at what you’ll want.
For the Cookie Cups
- Flour: Ensure to make use of all-purpose flour, not self-rising or complete wheat flour.
- Cocoa Powder: This recipe makes use of two kinds of cocoa powder: common, unsweetened cocoa powder, and darkish cocoa powder. The darkish cocoa powder provides the cookie cups a pleasant Oreo taste.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda retains the cookies chewy with out being heavy.
- Butter: I exploit unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Dixie Crystals Sugar: Each granulated sugar and a bit of sunshine brown sugar are wanted. Pack down the brown sugar into your measuring cup as you measure it.
- Eggs: For the very best outcomes, have the eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract provides the very best taste.
For the Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- Whipping Cream: The whipping cream must be very chilly.
- Cream Cheese: Soften the cream cheese to room temperature, similar to the eggs and butter.
- Sugar: Simply granulated sugar for the filling.
- Cookie Crumbs: You should utilize store-bought Oreo cookie crumbs, or break aside about 12 Oreo cookies, scrape off the filling, and crush the cookie halves.
- Mini Oreo Cookies
For those who’ve ever made cookie cup desserts earlier than, you in all probability already know the way this goes! First, we’re going to make a comfortable cookie dough and bake it in a muffin tin. After that, we’ll press an indentation into every cookie, and fill it with our creamy filling. Simple!
Prep the Oven and Muffin Tin. First, set your oven to preheat to 350°F. Subsequent, Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin with nonstick baking spray, or generously grease every effectively with butter. Set the pan apart whilst you make the cookie dough.
Mix the Dry Elements. In a medium bowl, mix your whole dry elements: flour, each cocoa powders, the baking soda, and the salt. Whisk every thing collectively briskly, and put aside.
Cream the Butter and Sugar. In a stand mixer, add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat these on medium pace for about 3 minutes, till gentle in coloration and fluffy. Scrape down the edges of the bowl, as wanted.
Beat within the Eggs and Vanilla. As soon as the butter and sugar are creamed, scale back the pace in your mixer to low. Add the eggs, separately, mixing effectively between each. Then beat within the vanilla extract.
Mix the Dry and Moist Elements. Regularly add the dry elements to the butter combination, and proceed mixing on low pace till no extra butter streaks are seen. Make sure you scrape down the edges of the bowl, as wanted, to get every thing totally mixed..
Measure the Dough into the Tin. Utilizing a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, fill every effectively of your muffin tin with dough. Ensure all dough is contained in the effectively, not protruding above the sides. As soon as the entire wells are crammed, gently faucet the muffin tin on the counter to assist unfold the dough into the corners.
Bake and Form. Bake the cookie cups for 11 – 13 minutes, or till the sides are set. Subsequent, take away them from the oven and permit them to relaxation for a few minute. Then, utilizing the deal with of a wood spoon (or a small tart press), gently press into the middle of the cookies to create an area for the submitting. Permit the cookies to totally cool.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
Whip the Cream. Whereas the cookie cups are cooling, you can begin making the cheesecake filling. In a clear, chilled metallic bowl, beat the whipping cream (that is best with a hand mixer or stand mixer) till stiff peaks type. Place the whipped cream within the fridge to maintain cool.
Beat the Cream Cheese, Sugar, and Oreo Crumbs. Subsequent, in a separate massive bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Begin on low pace and step by step enhance the pace, till the mixer is on medium-high. Combine at medium-high pace for 2 or three minutes, till the combination is fluffy. Then combine within the Oreo crumbs.
Fold within the Whipped Cream. Take the whipped cream out of the fridge, and scrape it into the cheesecake combination. Fold the whipped cream in till the combination is totally mixed and no extra streaks are current.
Fill the Cookie Cups. Spoon the cheesecake filling right into a piping bag fitted with a big star tip. Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups. High each with a mini Oreo, and chill in an hermetic container till able to serve.
Ideas and Variations
Earlier than you begin making these festive little cheesecake cups, make sure that to learn these straightforward suggestions for achievement, and variation concepts! Every one will show you how to tweak and customise this recipe.
- Cocoa Powder: Darkish cocoa powder is what provides the cookie cups their distinctive Oreo style, however should you can’t discover any, you should utilize common cocoa powder solely. The cookies may have a basic chocolate style, however not a darkish chocolate, Oreo-like style.
- Loosen the Cookies from the Tin: It might be best to run a pointy knife gently across the edges of every cookie cup earlier than inverting onto a wire cooling rack.
- Make Them Forward: The filling for this recipe will be made someday upfront, and stored within the fridge till prepared to make use of. Nonetheless, it may be onerous to pipe whether it is totally chilled, so make sure you enable further time for it to take a seat on the counter (lined) earlier than piping.
- Black Forest Cookie Cups: For a sublime variation, omit the Oreos from the filling combination, and as a substitute, taste it with vanilla and a tiny little bit of almond extract. High your cookie cups with Maraschino cherries.
- Chocolate Orange Cookie Cups: Add a small quantity of orange zest to the cheesecake combination, and a drop or two of orange flavoring to the cookie cup, for a scrumptious twist.
To retailer, place the Oreo cheesecake cookie cups in a shallow hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 5 days.
Can I Freeze These?
I wouldn’t advocate freezing them assembled, however you can freeze them individually. I’d wrap every cookie cup in Saran Wrap and freeze them after which place the cheesecake filling in a freezer secure ziplock and freeze it that approach. Permit them to thaw fully earlier than serving and assemble them recent!
Cook dinner Time
For the Cookie Cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened darkish cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup packed Dixie Crystals Gentle Brown Sugar
- 2 massive eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream, very chilly
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cups Oreo cookie crumbs (roughly 12 cookies with out the filling, crushed)
- Mini Oreo cookies
Make The Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin with nonstick baking spray, or generously grease with butter. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry elements: flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt. Whisk collectively till well-combined, and put aside.
- In a stand mixer, add butter and sugars. Combine on medium pace for about 3 minutes, till well-combined and light-weight in coloration. Scrape down the edges of the bowl, as wanted.
- Cut back the pace to low, and add eggs separately. Combine effectively between every addition. Then add the vanilla extract, and beat to mix.
- Regularly add the dry elements to the stand mixer, and permit to combine till no extra butter streaks are seen. Make sure you scrape down the edges of the bowl, as wanted.
- Utilizing a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, fill every effectively within the muffin tin with dough. Ensure all dough is contained in the wells, not sticking up above the sides. As soon as all wells are crammed, gently faucet the muffin tin on the counter to assist unfold the dough.
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, or till the sides are set. As soon as the cookies are faraway from the oven, enable them to relaxation for a few minute. Then, utilizing the deal with of a wood spoon or a small tart press, gently press into the middle of the cookies to create a divot. Permit the cookies to totally cool.
Make the Filling
- Whereas the cookie cups are cooling, start making the cheesecake filling. In a relaxing metallic bowl, add the whipping cream and beat till stiff peaks type. Place within the fridge to maintain cool whereas the remainder of the filling is ready.
- In a big bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Regularly enhance the pace till the mixer is on medium-high, and blend for roughly 2 – 3 minutes or till totally mixed and fluffy. Then, pour within the Oreo cookie crumbs, and blend till integrated.
- Take away the whipped cream from the fridge and add to the cheesecake combination. Fold collectively till totally mixed and no extra streaks are current.
- Add cheesecake combination to a piping bag, and utilizing a big star tip, pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups. High with a mini Oreo and chill in an hermetic container till able to serve.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 160Complete Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 30mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Wish to Save This Recipe?
Extra Epic Dessert Recipes
On the lookout for some less difficult recipes with epic outcomes? Listed below are a number of of my favorites, together with a number of extra scrumptious cookie cup recipes!
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.