Mexican Cornbread Casserole is a filling meal. This south-of-the-border-inspired casserole is an effective way to feed a household. Boxed Jiffy cornbread combine, floor beef, corn, and some extra elements make for a hearty dinner, and better of all, this dish reheats very nicely.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mexican Cornbread Casserole with Floor Beef
Mexican Cornbread casserole has been certainly one of my favourite weeknight meals to make. I really like how easy this casserole is to place collectively. With some taco seasoned floor beef and some further elements, you may flip this recipe into one thing your loved ones will love.
Mexican Cornbread with Meat
Casseroles are an exquisite dish to make for a meal throughout the week. This Mexican cornbread bake could be very straightforward to place collectively. I wish to hold a few containers of Jiffy cornbread combine available for recipes identical to this one.
You could be versatile on this recipe—you could possibly use any sausage as a substitute of the hamburger meat. In case you have a couple of further leftover greens within the fridge, inexperienced beans, and carrots are simply as tasty in right here is the corn.
What Makes Mexican Cornbread Casserole the Good Weeknight Meal?
Weekday meals have to be straightforward to get on the desk, straightforward to wash up, and most significantly, one thing that everybody in your loved ones loves. Mexican Cornbread Casserole with floor beef matches this definition to a “T.”
It shops nicely within the fridge and splendidly within the freezer. You may get away with serving it as a one-dish meal and it additionally goes with a ton of sides.
And, fortunately, nobody in your loved ones will ever complain that it’s Mexican Cornbread with meat night time!
Mexican Corn Bread Casserole Recipe Substances
- Floor beef – I like to make use of floor chuck, you could possibly swap this out for sausage for those who need
- Taco seasoning combine – you need to use one bundle or 2 tablespoons of selfmade taco seasoning
- 2 containers of Jiffy Combine cornbread. Should you don’t like Jiffy Combine, use 2 packages that whole as much as a dry weight of 17 ounces
- 1 can of cream fashion corn
- 1 can of corn kernels
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, Colby Jack, Mexican cheese mix, or Monterey Jack would additionally work nicely
- 1 small can of inexperienced chilies
Tips on how to Make Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Listed below are the straightforward recipe steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the bottom beef in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the taco seasoning in line with the bundle instructions. Set the meat combination apart.
- In a big mixing bowl mix two containers of jiffy cornbread combine in line with the bundle instructions. Stir in half of the cream corn and half of the canned corn.
- Unfold half of the jiffy corn muffin combine within the baking pan. High with seasoned meat.
- Then high the seasoned meat with the remaining corn kernels and creamed corn.
- Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese, after which the remaining cornbread batter, and high with the remaining cheese.
- Place the baking dish within the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take away from the oven, and serve.
Customise Mexican Cornbread Casserole with Enjoyable Toppings
Make your casserole enjoyable with these thrilling toppings. There isn’t any cause why any night time of the week can’t be enjoyable. This Mexican cornbread casserole is a type of straightforward recipes you will wish to hold available.
- A drizzle of your favourite taco sauce
- Contemporary jalapeno peppers or pickled jalapeno peppers for those who like rather less warmth
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Bitter cream
- Further shredded cheese if desired
- Sliced inexperienced onions
- Sliced black olives
How To Serve Mexican Cornbread Casserole With Meat
When the casserole comes out of the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes. Then run the tip of a pointy knife alongside the within fringe of the casserole dish.
Minimize the Mexican Cornbread into squares and use a spatula to switch every portion to a plate. High together with your selection of bitter cream, inexperienced onions, drained canned beans, cheese, or salsa.
What To Serve With Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Though Mexican Cornbread with floor beef makes an important meal by itself, including a flavorful dish on the aspect will make it extra filling. Listed below are only a few solutions:
- Beans. Baked beans and cornbread is a basic mixture, however Texas Chili Beans go higher with this recipe. You might also wish to attempt a basic Three Bean Salad.
- Grilled greens. Brush your favourite veggies with oil, season wells, and grill over medium warmth till properly charred. No grill? Attempt these Roasted Brussels Sprouts as a substitute.
- Inexperienced salad. A easy salad with a bit of balsamic vinegarette or Italian dressing provides loads of crunch and a few tang to the meal.
How To Retailer Cornbread Mexican Casserole
Go forward and make this dish forward of time. Hold it within the casserole dish, cowl the highest with aluminum foil, and the casserole will keep recent for 3 days within the fridge. It freezes splendidly.
- Let the Mexican Cornbread cool to room temperature.
- Switch every slice to a freezer-safe container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Freeze for as much as two months.
- Thaw within the fridge if frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels.
- Place Mexican Cornbread slices in a casserole dish or an oven-safe forged iron pot. Go away some house between every bit.
- Spray the highest of the cornbread with little water to maintain it from drying out.
- Cowl tightly with aluminum foil or a lid.
- Reheat within the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or till heat.
Do you’re keen on casseroles? Attempt these recipes!
Extra Mexican Meals Recipes
Ensure to check out extra of my primary dish casserole recipes and straightforward to make Mexican meals.
Mexican Cornbread Casserole
You may make superb Mexican Cornbread Casserole. It reheats so nicely.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound floor beef
- 1.25 ounce taco seasoning combine
- 17 ounces cornbread combine 2 containers (jiffy combine really helpful)
- 14 ounce cream-style corn canned
- 14 ounces corn canned
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces inexperienced chilies canned
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
Frivolously coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
In a big skillet, prepare dinner beef over medium-high warmth till it browns, drain beef. Add the taco seasoning per bundle instructions.
In a big bowl combine the corn muffin batter per bundle instructions. Stir in half of the cream-style corn and half of the common corn.
Unfold half of the cornbread batter within the baking pan. High the cornbread base with taco meat. Combine the remaining cream-style corn and corn kernels and unfold that over the meat.
Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese, then the inexperienced chiles. Unfold the remaining cornbread combination on high, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, till the cornbread is baked by means of. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then lower into squares to serve.
High with toppings for those who need.
- Swap half of the Cheddar cheese for grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle into the taco seasoning combine
You’ll be able to freeze the leftovers for about 3 months.
Energy: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Ldl cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 805mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 2.3mg