posted by Liz Berg
on April 28, 2022
A light-weight, refreshing dish full of a great deal of chopped greens, this Mediterranean Chopped Salad is completely chic. Plus, it’s tremendous easy to toss collectively for any event!
A Chopped Salad Recipe is only a guideline. It’s simple to go away out or add in any ingredient that matches the theme. And arranging it on a platter makes for a good looking presentation.
Why You’ll Love Mediterranean Salads
- Because you is probably not eating on the French Riveria this summer time, you’ll be able to carry the great flavors of the Mediterranean into your kitchen as an alternative.
- This Mediterranean Chopped Salad recipe is simply a place to begin. Swap the Feta for Contemporary Mozzarella or Gorgonzola. Don’t like Kalamata olives? Go away them out or use one other selection.
- Add some additional protein and this chopped salad is a meal!
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
What’s a Chopped Salad?
A chopped salad is outlined as a salad by which all of the elements are chopped into bite-sized items, then both tossed in a bowl with dressing or organized or “composed” on a platter.
What’s in Chopped Salads?
Usually chopped salads include lettuce, plus a great deal of greens, aromatics like crimson onions, protein equivalent to chopped or crumbled cheese, grilled hen, or sliced steak. All elements are chopped in order that no knife is required.
Are Chopped Salads Wholesome?
Sure! They’re chock filled with wholesome greens and normally served with a lemon or vinegar-based French dressing as an alternative of a creamy dressing.
Suggestions for Making Chopped Salads
- Make sure that every thing is chopped into bite-sized items. You shouldn’t have to make use of a knife when consuming a chopped salad.
- Use lettuce, but additionally a great deal of greens with a wide range of textures and colours.
- Make it an entree salad by including chopped hen, beef, or much more cheeses.
- Chickpeas, artichoke hearts, and capers are additionally enjoyable additions.
- Serve tossed in a bowl or line the elements up on a platter so one can choose and select elements.
- Use a scrumptious French dressing with lemon juice or crimson wine vinegar, additional virgin olive oil, and different flavorings. Add some honey when you’d wish to steadiness the acidity.
- For probably the most lovely presentation, use plenty of colours. When arranging the platter, separate the greens and reds so every ingredient is properly highlighted.
You Could Additionally Like:
This straightforward recipe is the right method to tie collectively so many recent, scrumptious elements. I’d fortunately eat this for my lunch or dinner, although I’d most likely add much more cheese to up the protein. It’s excellent on a sultry day when the warmth and humidity have dulled the urge for food. Although mild sufficient that you may nonetheless have a wee little bit of one thing candy whenever you’re completed. Bon Appetit!
- 2-3 heads of Romaine lettuce, chopped into strips
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, lower in half
- 1 cup of Persian (mini cucumbers), unpeeled, chopped
- ¼ cup of finely diced crimson onions, soaked in ice water for quarter-hour to take away extra sharpness, then drained and left to dry on paper towels
- ¼ cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup diced crimson peppers
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese or 1/2 cup cubed recent mozzarella
For French dressing:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ kosher salt
- ¼ feshly floor black pepper
- ½ cup additional virgin olive oil
- Toss collectively all salad elements in a big bowl or line them up on an oblong platter.
- Earlier than serving, whisk collectively lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil whereas whisking consistently.
- Pour about half over salad and toss. Add extra French dressing if desired.
May additionally add artichoke hearts, capers, chickpeas/garbanzo beans, sundried tomatoes, and many others.
Really helpful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 252Whole Fats: 20gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 13gLdl cholesterol: 24mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g