A candy style of summer time braided right into a delightfully tender, pillowy dough, this Lemon Curd Braid will brighten any breakfast. Full of a sunny, recent lemon curd filling and topped with Swedish pearl sugar and a candy and easy Glaze, this braided bread lets easy flavors shine. The comfortable and wealthy surrounding dough achieves unmatched texture and taste utilizing Platinum® Yeast from Pink Star® and guarantees an ideal loaf each time. Quick appearing and bolstered with pure dough strengtheners to offer your bread an additional enhance, Platinum® Yeast from Pink Star® will change your bread-baking sport for the higher. So, begin your summer time off proper with a bread as vibrant and exquisite because the summer time days forward!
Lemon Curd Braid
- 2¾ to three cups (344 to 375 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 (0.25-ounce) bundle (7 grams) on the spot yeast*
- ½ cup (120 grams) complete milk
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 massive eggs (100 grams), room temperature and divided
- Lemon Curd (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) Swedish pearl sugar
- Glaze (recipe follows)
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer, mix 1½ cups (188 grams) flour, granulated sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In a medium saucepan, warmth milk, butter, ¼ cup (60 grams) water, and vanilla over medium warmth till an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add scorching milk combination to flour combination; utilizing the paddle attachment, beat at low pace till mixed. Beat in 1 egg (50 grams). With mixer on low pace, steadily add 1¼ cups (156 grams) flour, beating simply till mixed and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Change to the dough hook attachment. Beat at low pace till a comfortable, considerably sticky dough varieties, 7 to eight minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl and dough hook; add as much as remaining ¼ cup (31 grams), 1 tablespoon (8 grams), at a time if dough is just too sticky. (Dough might be elastic and draw back from sides of bowl however follow backside of bowl.) Prove dough onto a evenly floured floor, and form right into a clean spherical.
- Flippantly oil a big bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till nearly doubled in dimension, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Punch down dough, and let stand for five minutes. Prove onto a evenly floured sheet of parchment paper. Roll right into a 16×12-inch oval. Utilizing a small knife or bench scraper, rating (or mark) a 13×4½-inch rectangle in heart of dough, leaving a 1½-inch border on quick sides and a 3¾-inch border on lengthy sides. Unfold Lemon Curd in rectangle. Minimize 1-inch-wide strips alongside either side of filling. At prime and backside, trim ends to width of filling and fold over filling. Discard scraps. Beginning on left facet, stretch after which fold prime strip over filling, ending slightly below reverse prime strip. Repeat with prime strip on proper facet. Proceed sample, alternating left and proper, till you attain finish. Tuck and pinch final strip. (If dough is just not sticking to itself, dab with a little bit water to assist it seal.) Switch dough, on parchment, to a baking sheet. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till puffed, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 egg (50 grams). Brush prime and sides of dough with egg wash. Sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in bread registers 190°F (88°C), 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan midway via baking. Serve heat or at room temperature with Glaze.
*We used Platinum® Yeast from Pink Star®.
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) tightly packed lemon zest
- ¼ cup (60 grams) recent lemon juice, room temperature
- 3 massive egg yolks (56 grams), room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a heatproof medium bowl.
- Within the prime of a double boiler, whisk collectively sugar, lemon zest and juice, egg yolks, and salt till nicely mixed. Cook dinner over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring always, till thickened and may coat the again of a spoon and an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F (77°C) to 180°F (82°C), 10 to fifteen minutes.
- Press curd via ready sieve into bowl, discarding solids. Add butter, 1 to 2 cubes at a time, stirring till melted after every addition. Cowl with a bit of plastic wrap, urgent wrap instantly onto floor of curd to forestall a pores and skin from forming. Refrigerate till chilled and set, not less than 2 hours.
- 1⅓ cups (160 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) complete milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively confectioners’ sugar and milk till clean and fluid. Use instantly.