Making Candied Pecans at house is so much less complicated (and cheaper!) than you could suppose! You solely want a number of fundamental components and simply ten minutes to prep this candy however completely spiced snack. Watch the how-to video within the recipe card for all of my ideas and methods!
Straightforward Candied Pecans
Few issues scent higher than candied pecans toasting within the oven.
This candy deal with all the time takes me proper again to the carnivals and Amish markets of my childhood, the place we’d pay high greenback for tubs of caramel corn and paper cones of sparkly, sugar coated pecans.
Little did I do know that I might make those self same treats at house for a fraction of the value (however in my protection, I used to be younger, they usually have been actually laborious to withstand).
My simple recipe is superbly spiced with simply the correct amount of sweetness, and really so very simple to make. Likelihood is, you have already got all of the components you want in your pantry! Oh, and did I point out they make nice presents? Simply wrap them up in a reasonably jar or deal with bag, tie it with a bow, and also you’ve obtained a easy, however scrumptious home made present.
Let’s get began!
What You Want
You solely want a number of fundamental components to make home made candied pecans:
- Egg white. We want only one egg white (no yolk!) to assist the sugar and spices persist with the pecans and provides them their good exteriors. Should you really feel dangerous throwing away your yolk, you would all the time use the additional as an excuse to combine up a batch of star bread, crescent rolls, or snickerdoodles 😉.
- Vanilla extract. Use your home made vanilla extract when you have some!
- Pecans. You’ll want two cups of pecan halves. This recipe works effectively with just about any sort of nut although, so in the event you aren’t a fan of pecans or simply wish to combine issues up, give it a attempt!
- Sugar. We’ll use a mix of granulated sugar and light-weight brown sugar to make the sweet coating. The mix of two sugars balances the flavour completely.
- Spices. I add cinnamon and allspice to my pecans, however you possibly can simply do cinnamon if that’s what you want. Some folks additionally add slightly little bit of cayenne pepper to their candied nuts.
- Salt. Just a bit little bit of salt rounds every little thing out. Desk salt works simply effective–no must get fancy!
SAM’S TIP: The allspice on this recipe is optionally available, however it does add a fantastic taste. I first turned obsessive about the candied pecans bought at an Amish market close to my home, and theirs are spiced with allspice, so I like to make use of it right here. There may be not a substitute spice that will provide you with fairly the identical taste.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
Learn how to Make Candied Pecans
- Vigorously whisk collectively your egg white, water, and vanilla for about 30 seconds/till the floor is good and foamy.
- Add the pecans to your egg white combination and toss them till all the nuts are coated.
- Individually whisk collectively spices, salt and sugars after which pour over the pecans and stir till all the pecans are lined with the combination.
- Unfold pecans in a good layer in your baking sheet. Bake till pecans seem dry, stirring with a spatula each quarter-hour.
SAM’S TIP: Periodically stirring the nuts whereas they prepare dinner helps for even cooking, but additionally makes positive there are not any moist egg white spots lurking beneath something! At all times make sure that to unfold every little thing again into one even layer whenever you’re carried out stirring.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Sure! To freeze, enable the pecans to chill utterly after baking, after which switch them to an hermetic container (a ziplock bag works effectively) the place they may hold as much as 2 months.
Sure! Be happy to substitute walnuts, cashews, or almonds as a substitute of utilizing the pecans referred to as for (you’ll use the identical quantity of nuts as referred to as for within the recipe). I even have shared an in depth tutorial on the way to make candied walnuts!
Whereas they’re comparable, glazed pecans sometimes embody some sort of syrup as a substitute of an egg white. Due to this, they sometimes have a barely completely different texture and taste.
They may hold for as much as two weeks in an hermetic container at room temperature, no less than three weeks within the fridge, or as much as two months within the freezer. Regardless of the place you retailer them, hold in a tightly sealed, hermetic container.
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! Should you do this recipe, you should definitely tag me on Instagram, and you can too discover me on YouTube and Fb
Learn how to Make Candied Pecans
Servings: 8 servings (¼ cup per serving)
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 250F (120C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (see be aware).
Mix egg white, water, and vanilla extract in a big bowl and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds (combination must be foamy/frothy).
Add pecans and stir till all pecans are coated in egg white.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the sugars, cinnamon, salt, and allspice (if utilizing).
Pour the sugar combination over the pecans and stir till utterly mixed.
Unfold nuts in a good layer onto ready cookie sheet.
Bake on 250F (150C) for 45-50 minutes, eradicating cookie sheet from oven each quarter-hour and utilizing a spatula to stir/flip the pecans (you should definitely stir ALL of the sugar combination as effectively, or it might burn to the pan). When completed baking, pecans ought to all seem dry.
After baking, enable to chill no less than quarter-hour earlier than having fun with.
Retailer candied pecans in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as two weeks.
Allspice is optionally available however the candied pecans that I often purchase from the Amish markets use it and it provides a pleasant further contact. I sometimes use a heaping ¼ teaspoon.
Lining your baking pan with parchment paper makes cleanup simpler, however it does make it harder to stir the pecans. Should you don’t have any parchment or want to not use it, you possibly can merely bake the pecans instantly on an ungreased baking sheet.
Candied pecans will hold tightly sealed in an hermetic container for one to 2 weeks. They may hold for no less than three weeks in an hermetic container within the fridge and could also be frozen for a number of months.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and must be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
Deal with your self to a FREE E-BOOK!