This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Grilling watermelon helps the sugars to caramelize and offers it a scrumptious trace of smoky taste! Add a drizzle of honey lime sauce and contemporary chopped mint on prime for the last word refreshing facet dish.
Fruity sides are one of the best addition to any barbecue. They’re scrumptious, refreshing, and ideal for decent summer season days! Grilled pineapple, honey lime poppy seed fruit salad, and creamy grape salad are only a few tasty recipes to serve up all summer season lengthy.
Grilled Watermelon With a Honey Lime Glaze
Nothing screams summer season fairly like watermelon. It’s crisp, juicy, and refreshing- good for snacking on because the temperatures rise. Now, I do know it’s scrumptious as-is, however grilling it actually takes it to the subsequent stage. Grilling watermelon sears in all of these scrumptious juices and helps the sugars to caramelize! It additionally provides a barely smoky taste which is completely wonderful. When you get a chew of this grilled watermelon, you received’t need it every other method!
And it doesn’t cease there- I’ve added a tremendous honey lime glaze and chopped mint to this recipe for contemporary, juicy taste you received’t be capable to get sufficient of. It’s the right mixture of tart and candy! Plus, this grilled watermelon solely takes a couple of minutes to arrange, making it the right crowning glory to any barbecue. Convey this to your subsequent summer season get-together and I promise will probably be a success. It’s simply too good to withstand!
Every little thing You Have to Make It
Since watermelon is so scrumptious by itself, you solely want a couple of further components to reinforce it. Belief me, this grilled watermelon recipe is one you’ll need to carry on repeat! Measurements for every ingredient could be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Watermelon: Though it’s possible you’ll be tempted to choose the shiniest watermelon within the bunch, this can be a signal that it’s underripe. The proper watermelon will likely be heavy, deep inexperienced, and barely dull-looking. Give it a thump- if the sound that comes from it’s deep and hole, this implies it has a excessive liquid content material and will likely be good and juicy.
- Honey: Provides sweetness and the right glazed texture.
- Lime Juice and Zest: Helps to stability out sweetness and offers your grilled watermelon a pleasant, zesty taste.
- Mint Leaves: Not solely does it odor nice, however chopped mint provides a cool refreshing taste to your watermelon. Basil can be an ideal herb so as to add on prime!
Easy methods to Grill Watermelon
Grilled watermelon is the right facet and really easy to make! It comes collectively in lower than quarter-hour with only a few easy steps. When you get a style of that candy, smoky taste, you’ll need to make it repeatedly.
- Preheat Grill: Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Prepare dinner: Add the watermelon to the grill and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes on either side or till barely charred.
- Put together Glaze: In a small bowl, add the honey, lime juice, and the zest of 1 lime. Stir till mixed.
- Prime Watermelon With Glaze and Chopped Mint: Drizzle glaze on prime of the watermelon, garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve instantly.
Ideas and Tasty Variations
These are a couple of further methods you possibly can customise the flavour of your grilled watermelon. This can be a tremendous versatile dish and might simply be tweaked to your liking!
- Oil Your Grill: Brush your grill with a little bit of oil earlier than cooking your watermelon to maintain it from sticking.
- Sprinkle With Salt: For those who sprinkle slightly salt on prime of your grilled watermelon, it is going to assist improve its pure sweetness.
- Add Tajin: Tajin is a well-liked Mexican spice and tastes wonderful on fruit! Sprinkle slightly on prime of your grilled watermelon for a taste mixture that’s bitter, candy, juicy, and just a bit spicy.
Storing Leftover Grilled Watermelon
Your watermelon can have one of the best taste proper off the grill, however could be saved and loved a couple of days after it’s made.
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your grilled watermelon will keep good for 3-4 days.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Add the watermelon to the grill and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes on either side or till barely charred.
In a small bowl add the honey, lime juice, and the zest of 1 lime. Stir till mixed.
Drizzle on prime of the watermelon, garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve instantly.
The watermelon is simpler to grill if is lower thicker.
Serving1sliceEnergy120kcal (6%)Carbohydrates31g (10%)Protein2g (4%)Fats1g (2%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats1gSodium4mgPotassium336mg (10%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar26g (29%)Vitamin A1665IU (33%)Vitamin C25mg (30%)Calcium23mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.