Little or no must be achieved with summer season fruit to make it extraordinary, however as your farmstand strawberries begin to soften, a fast dip in citrus liqueur and sugar is an ideal second act. Boozy, macerated berries prime vanilla ice cream on this easy sundae from Anna Watson Carl of The Yellow Desk weblog.
Grand Marnier Strawberry Sundaes
Boozy, macerated strawberries prime vanilla ice cream in a easy sundae from The Yellow Desk’s Anna Watson Carl.
Yield: serves 4-6
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 lb. recent strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ¼ cups recent orange juice
- ¼ cups Grand Marnier
- ¼ cups turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a big bowl, stir collectively the strawberries, orange juice, Grand Marnier, sugar, and orange zest. Put aside to relaxation at room temperature for 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
‘Tis the season for shortcake, spritzes, and sorbet—and for berry-filled savory snacks, too.