Probably the most scrumptious lemon pasta salad is made with tons of recent herbs, feta cheese, peas, and toasted pine nuts.
Easy Lemon Pasta Salad
Spring is within the air and we’re in full-on salad mode over right here. Whether or not it’s our hearty Nicoise salad, our mild, and recent spring combine salad, or a yummy lemon pasta salad, we’re group salad!
This lemon pasta salad is such an effective way to make a dish to serve a crowd and likewise pack within the veggies and herbs on the identical time. The herbs and garlic lemon dressing are actually what makes this so particular and we will’t wait so that you can make it!
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Serves a crowd
Seasonal spring veggies
Straightforward to make
Pasta: it wouldn’t be a pasta salad with out the pasta, now would it not! We’ve made this lemon pasta salad recipe a handful of instances already (belief us once we say it’s considered one of our new favorites) and we’ve used each spaghetti and a shorter noodle equivalent to rigatoni. Any type of noodle works and it’s all about desire.
Dressing: speak about a flavor-loaded dressing! It’s made with sauteed garlic, olive oil, purple wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and honey.
Herbs: the herbs actually steal the present on this pasta salad. They’re mild, recent, and critically so good. Right here’s what you want:
Add-Ins: it wouldn’t be a pasta salad with out all of the add-ins. Ensure you have the next available:
- Feta cheese
- Pine nuts
- English peas
- Cook dinner Pasta: cook dinner round 8-oz. dried pasta till it’s al dente. Pressure and put aside.
- Make Dressing: sautee garlic in olive oil till aromatic. Put aside. Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and mayo. Then, add the garlic and olive oil and whisk once more.
- Toss Pasta and Dressing: switch pasta into a big bowl and add the dressing. Toss to mix.
- Add Combine-Ins: add the recent herbs, purple onion, peas, and salt. Then, add feta cheese.
- Toss: toss all the things collectively till mixed. Serve and revel in!
Retailer pasta salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Lemon Pasta Salad with Contemporary Herbs
This lemon pasta salad is boasting with herbs garlic, and so many veggies. You’ll love bringing this to any get collectively!
Cook dinner:10 minutes
- 8- oz. dried noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt separated
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup chopped recent cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped recent parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped recent chives
- ⅓ cup chopped recent dill
- ½ massive purple onion sliced very skinny (a mandolin works greatest)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons purple wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- Zest from one small lemon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly floor pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 4- oz. recent English peas or frozen peas, thawed
Convey a big pot of salted water (like actually salty) to a boil. Add the pasta and cook dinner till the pasta is al dente.
Pressure the pasta and rinse with chilly water till the pasta is chilly. Let the pasta sit within the strainer to let all extra water drip from the pasta.
In the meantime, warmth 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small skillet pan over medium/excessive warmth.
When the olive oil is aromatic, add the minced garlic to the skillet. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt and toss.
Sauté the garlic for 4-5 minutes or till the garlic simply begins to brown. Take away from warmth and pour the oil and garlic right into a separated glass bowl to chill. Put aside.
Put together the pasta salad dressing by including the rice vinegar, purple wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and mayo to a bowl and whisk the substances collectively till they’re mixed and the honey has dissolved and isn’t sticking to the underside of the bowl. Add the lemon zest and ½ teaspoon of salt to the dressing and whisk once more.
Slowly drizzle the cooled sautéd garlic and olive oil into the dressing whereas whisking to mix the oil into the dressing.
Add the cooled pasta to a big mixing bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and toss till the entire pasta is coated in dressing.
Subsequent, add the entire recent herbs, purple onion, peas, and remaining salt (if wanted) to the bowl and toss once more till mixed.
Prime the pasta salad with feta crumbles, toasted pine nuts, and freshly floor pepper.
Eat instantly or place within the fridge to chill.
Ideas & Notes
- The purpose of sauteing the garlic in olive oil for the dressing is to create a “fast infused” garlic olive oil. Belief us, it’s price it.
- You should use any combination of recent herbs that you desire to. Mint could be so good, too!
- Keep in mind to style the dressing and pasta salad all through the recipe to ensure you are including sufficient salt.
Pictures: photographs taken on this publish are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.