Reuben Casserole has all of the yumminess of a Reuben sandwich baked in a single dish. It’s a hearty casserole with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, canned biscuits, and rye crackers.
This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reuben Sandwich Casserole
Do you take pleasure in a Reuben sandwich? Nicely, now you may seize these particular sandwich flavors on this straightforward Reuben casserole! This Reuben casserole recipe is a basic sandwich-turned-casserole twist, and you don’t need to miss it! Get able to dive in!
Every thing that makes a Rueben sandwich particular is on this casserole. The biscuits on high get all toasty, which is the proper complement to the layers of tender corned beef, Swiss cheese, briny sauerkraut, and Thousand Island sauciness.
What Makes This Corned Beef Casserole So Good?
This Reuben casserole recipe is really easy and far much less messy than conventional Reuben sandwiches. Let’s face it, a Reuben sandwich is a distinguished mess!
You get stacks of corned beef and large pulls of cheese, after which you need to catch the sauerkraut spilling over the edges, and whats up, drips and drips of that Thousand Island… For this reason a Reuben bake is such an ideal resolution.
This straightforward Reuben casserole recipe can also be the proper method to make use of up leftover corned beef (and even leftover brisket). Possibly you will have leftover corned beef from the corned beef and cabbage you served on St. Patrick’s day?
This Reuben sandwich casserole is bound to be an important hit with your loved ones – they’ll love each chew! It’s very straightforward, and it doesn’t take lengthy to prepare dinner, so you may nonetheless have an excellent, scorching meal on these jam-packed days.
Corned Beef Casserole Substances
This can be a casserole model of the well-known deli sandwich – basically, it’s just like the sandwich, solely layered and baked. Right here’s what you might want to make this Reuben casserole recipe.
- Thousand Island dressing
- Sliced corned beef
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- Canned biscuits
- Crisp rye crackers
- Caraway seeds
You should purchase corned beef deli meat from the deli part or make your personal if you’re actually bold. Word that the meat needs to be cooked earlier than utilizing on this Reuben bake.
Sauerkraut is fermented cabbage that provides acidity and taste. Make certain to empty your sauerkraut effectively and dab it with a paper towel to get it as dry as potential.
- This can be a very wealthy corned beef casserole. If you wish to reduce down on energy, you may substitute low-calorie 1000 Island and low-fat cheese.
- As a substitute of Thousand Island, you can use Russian dressing or perhaps a mustard dressing.
- The standard bread in a Reuben sandwich is rye, so you can substitute buttered slices of rye bread for the biscuits and even attempt pumpernickel bread.
- Make this Reuben casserole with crescent rolls as an alternative of the biscuits.
- Use pastrami as an alternative of corned beef.
- If you happen to don’t have leftover corned beef, this recipe works with canned corned beef.
- If you would like it lighter, make a turkey Reuben casserole utilizing turkey or turkey pastrami as an alternative of corned beef.
- Caraway seeds give the casserole an earthy and peppery taste with slightly trace of fennel style. Nonetheless, in case you don’t like them, substitute dried oregano – it’s very robust, so use half the quantity of caraway seeds. Or use related tasting substitutes for caraway seeds.
The best way to Make Reuben Casserole
If in case you have ever made Reuben sandwiches, you understand that it may be time-consuming to make each. So, consider this Reuben bake as creating a complete load of Reuben sandwiches in just some easy, fast steps. You get all the identical flavors served heat and it’s straightforward to slice up and serve!
- Unfold out the sauerkraut on the underside of an 8×12-inch casserole dish.
- Distribute the tomato slices over the sauerkraut.
- Dot or drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes.
- Cowl with corned beef slices.
- Sprinkle cheese on high. Bake for quarter-hour, after which take away the dish from the oven.
- Separate and divide every biscuit into 3 items. Place the biscuit items on high of the casserole, overlapping barely.
- Sprinkle crushed rye crackers and caraway seeds on high.
- Bake at 425°F till the biscuits are golden, about 12 to 17 minutes. Serve and luxuriate in!
Recipe Variations – Keto, Vegetarian, & Vegan
- If you wish to make a low carb keto Reuben casserole, simply miss the biscuits.
- For a vegetarian model, attempt sliced beets as an alternative of meat.
- For a vegan Reuben sandwich, use seitan or tempeh as an alternative of corned beef.
What to Serve With Oven-Baked Reuben Casserole
This corned beef casserole is a dish that’s comforting, straightforward, festive, and enjoyable. It’s not a refined dish for these fancy events, but it surely does make for a fast weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch. Serve with a pleasant beer, and also you’re in enterprise!
Why not make additional and put it in particular person containers for your loved ones’s lunches? For an entire meal, serve with a easy inexperienced salad. And, listed here are another concepts for vegetable facet dishes:
The best way to Retailer Reuben Casserole
Retailer any leftover corned beef Reuben casserole within the dish lined with aluminum foil or in an hermetic container within the fridge, the place it’s going to final for 3 to 4 days.
This corned beef casserole with sauerkraut works nice as a meal prep freeze meal. Simply assemble it and freeze it.
This casserole reheats effectively. Simply be certain to reheat within the oven, not the microwave, so the biscuits don’t get soggy.
Favourite Dinner Casserole Recipes
Common Consolation Meals Recipes
Because of bckennyg for sharing this casserole recipe.
With a Reuben casserole, you may take pleasure in the entire flavors of a Reuben sandwich in a single dish.
- 16 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 8 ounces corned beef sliced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can biscuits
- 2 crisp rye crackers crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Unfold the sauerkraut in an excellent layer within the backside of an 8×12-inch baking dish.
Distribute the tomato slices evenly over the sauerkraut.
Dot the dressing over the tomatoes, and canopy with corned beef slices.
Sprinkle cheese on high.
Bake for quarter-hour, after which take away the dish from the oven.
Open the can of biscuits. Separate the dough into particular person biscuits. Then divide every biscuit into 3 items.
Place the biscuit items on high of the casserole in order that they overlap barely.
Sprinkle the crushed crackers and caraway seeds on high.
Bake till the biscuits are golden, about 12 to 17 minutes.
Because of bckennyg for sharing this casserole recipe.
Energy: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 20g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1803mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 4.4mg