Let’s study concerning the finest cheeses for tacos – we’re going to take your taco evening up just a few notches! Improve your conventional taco cheese with a superb new Mexican cheese or a enjoyable, contemporary new mix of the classics.
Tacos are by no means boring, however switching issues up can preserve it attention-grabbing! Discover probably the most scrumptious choices for the very best cheese for tacos on this full round-up information.
In only a few minutes, you’ll know precisely the place to go at your native grocery, and also you’ll impress the fam with information about just a few lesser-known cheeses!
Sure, it’s true… we’ve been on a taco kick these days. We’re approaching Cinco de Mayo in fact, however truthfully we are able to by no means get sufficient round right here.
There’s simply one thing concerning the simplicity of this traditional meal that retains us coming again for extra! There are at all times new methods to modify issues up and take them in a brand new route.
Only recently, we’ve shared our favourite veggie tacos, portobello mushroom tacos, avenue tacos, and even an entire information to taco toppings! Get your full Cinco de Mayo menu for a fiesta right here.
After I was engaged on our information to the very best taco toppings for a taco bar, I noticed that Mexican cheese is an space the place I get loads of questions. Whereas we at all times love a traditional cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese mix, there are such a lot of scrumptious choices for cheese for tacos that we’ve by no means actually mentioned!
So at the moment, we’re taking a fast dive into Mexican cheeses on your tacos. Let’s study collectively! Use the drop down Desk of Contents menu to navigate this submit with ease.
Finest Cheeses for Tacos
It’s exhausting to think about many Tex Mex dishes with out that layer of creamy, melty cheese, proper? Enchiladas, hen tacos, my favourite beef tacos (tremendous… all of the tacos).
I like this cilantro lime salad dressing and cilantro hen for a flavorful however low carb lunch. It simply wouldn’t be the identical with out a little freshly shredded Mexican cheese on prime!
Nevertheless, as soon as I noticed that I may department out and check out extra conventional (however simply out there) Mexican cheese choices, it opened up an entire new world! We don’t have to shred a block of traditional cheddar for tacos – there are dozens of Mexican cheese varieties on the market simply ready for you!
There are alternatives to go well with each palate. Recent cheeses, aged cheeses, creamy choices and crumbly choices. Subsequent time you head to the grocery store, store with confidence with just a few of these options for Mexican cheeses to strive on your subsequent taco evening!
Name it cheese or name it queso, because it’s known as in Spanish. It’s pronounced kay-so in case you’re questioning!
Whereas there are a lot of Mexican cheese varieties to select from – particularly should you head to an area Mexican grocer – listed below are just a few common decisions (out there at most conventional grocery shops) that can assist you get began.
- Cotija – that is an aged, dry, crumbly Mexican cheese that crumbles superbly. Typically offered in a spherical package deal, it has a pointy, salty taste that’s paying homage to Parmesan. It’s among the finest cheeses for tacos and we use it ceaselessly in our dwelling!
- Queso Fresco – Instantly translating to “contemporary cheese” this selection is one other crumbly, white textural cheese. It really resembles feta, however is made from cow milk as an alternative of sheep milk. Queso fresco is a wonderful topping or garnish on your favourite dips, salads, soups and extra.
- Chihuahua – Often known as quesadilla cheese, this one most resembles a conventional cheddar cheese. It’s a agency, strongly flavored cheese that’s yellow in coloration. It melts superbly and makes a superb filling for cheese quesadillas, beef enchiladas and extra.
- Queso Soften – There are various sorts of melting cheese available on the market, most of that are supposed for creating traditional cheese dips. They’re ceaselessly made from asadero or American cheeses, and mixed with cream for a delightfully easy soften.
- Oaxaca – This can be a mellow, creamy cheese with a bit little bit of salty taste. With a texture much like string cheese, it melts superbly and is similar to mozzarella.
On the lookout for much more Mexican cheese choices? Take into account Queso crema, Requesón, Manchego, and Asadero.
Extra of the Finest Cheeses for Tacos
It doesn’t need to be an excellent conventional Mexican cheese to make it a superb taco topping!
Use these Cheeses in these Taco Recipes
Use my favourite selfmade taco seasoning for any of your favourite taco fillings. Right here’s just a few wonderful concepts to get you began!
Extra Serving Recommendations
I’ve so many different scrumptious concepts for the place to make use of your newfound information of Mexican cheeses!
- If potential, at all times shred your cheese contemporary. Right here’s my favourite cheese grater block – it makes it really easy! It’s value this further step if you can also make the time.
- Organising a taco bar? Label your cheeses so company know what they’re getting!
- Serve a superb margarita together with your fiesta dinner!
- Be taught concerning the Finest Tequila for Margaritas right here.
- These Stainless Metal Taco Holders make topping and serving straightforward and can assist your taco shells maintain loads of contemporary cheese.
Often Requested Questions
Road tacos typically don’t have any cheese in any respect! Nevertheless, Tex Mex model tacos are sometimes topped with Cotija, which is a salty, crumbly cheese that barely resembles Parmesan in taste.
They typically use a traditional chihuahua cheese, additionally known as a melting quesadilla cheese. One other common cheese for quesadillas is oaxaca, which melts very like mozzarella.
Strive asadero or oaxaca for nice melting choices!
I’d love to listen to from you! Are you a fan of those Mexican cheese choices? What do you consider our checklist of the very best cheeses for tacos?