My Edible Cookie Dough recipe makes use of a fast & easy additional step so you may get your cookie dough repair with out the dangerous micro organism! I’ll be strolling you thru the way to heat-treat flour (it’s straightforward) and also will embrace options for a few of my favourite add-ins. Recipe features a how-to video!
A Candy Deal with That’s Protected to Eat
My edible cookie dough recipe will curb your whole cookie dough cravings and spare you from the micro organism that’s within the uncooked stuff. We’ll be utilizing warmth handled flour and leaving out the eggs for a protected snack that tastes and feels JUST like the true factor!
I do know, you’ve most likely had your justifiable share of “unsafe” cookie dough and could also be questioning, “Why the separate recipe?”. I’ve been there too–I’m fairly certain I’ve eaten extra chocolate chip cookies uncooked than baked in my lifetime–however everyone knows we’re not purported to do it.
What many individuals don’t know, nevertheless, is that uncooked eggs should not the one risk in uncooked cookie dough. Uncooked flour can comprise micro organism like E.coli, which isn’t one thing to fiddle with! Warmth treating the flour beforehand kills off any micro organism with out hurting any of the flavour, and it solely takes a couple of minutes to do.
Let’s get to it!
What You Want
Immediately’s forged of characters must be fairly much like your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, with the plain exception of eggs. Listed below are a couple of of them:
- Butter. Utilizing unsalted butter permits us to regulate the salt degree in our edible cookie dough. If all you may have readily available is salted, take a look at my publish on salted vs. unsalted butter for substitution directions.
- Sugar. Many of the sugar on this recipe is brown sugar. You should utilize mild, darkish, or a mix of the 2 (or make your personal brown sugar!)!
- Warmth handled flour. Warmth treating takes just some minutes and saves you any considerations about contracting foodborne sickness out of your cookie dough! I’ll present you the way to do it beneath.
- Milk. It’s possible you’ll or might not want so as to add milk. I’ve made this recipe dozens of instances and have by no means wanted so as to add milk, and if you happen to measure your flour correctly, you doubtless received’t want it both. In case your cookie dough seems dry or crumbly although, you’ll simply want so as to add milk to convey it again collectively.
SAM’S TIP: In the course of the warmth treating course of, I discovered that among the flour has the tendency to clump or bake collectively. To maintain these clumps out of your cookie dough, run the flour via a sifter earlier than stirring it into your edible cookie dough.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
The way to Warmth Deal with Flour
In accordance with Cooking Gentle, toasting flour in a 350F oven for simply 5 minutes kills off any dangerous micro organism (resembling E. coli, which is our most important concern right here).
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (this may make transferring the flour really easy).
- Measure out your flour and evenly unfold it over the parchment paper.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
- To make sure that the flour is basically protected, I like to recommend checking it with an immediate learn thermometer to confirm that the temperature is not less than 160F. Enable flour to chill earlier than continuing with recipe.
The way to Make Edible Cookie Dough
- Warmth deal with your flour, let it cool, then sift it.
- Beat collectively the butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and salt in a separate bowl till creamy and really well-combined.
- Regularly add within the flour till it’s properly integrated.
- Stir in your chocolate chips or add-ins.
SAM’S TIP: Crucial! Be sure to let your flour cool (it doesn’t take lengthy!) earlier than including it to your different components. Flour that’s too scorching can go away you with a melted mess.
Regularly Requested Questions
Usually this can be a results of by accident over-measuring flour. To repair this, merely add milk (any type will work) till your dough begins to return collectively once more, and take a look at my publish on the way to measure your flour correctly, it incorporates a couple of useful hints .
Edible cookie dough ought to have a little bit of grit-like texture to it, as a result of the true factor does! When cookie dough is uncooked/un-baked, the sugars within the dough haven’t but melted. Anybody who has ever swiped a fingerful of cookie dough from their mixing bowl is aware of there’s a texture to it that comes from the sugar. As soon as the dough is baked, the sugars soften, and that texture goes away.
If the grit bothers you, my cookie dough bites and my cookie dough frosting are typically much less gritty and extra easy (due to a secret ingredient!), so be happy to strive these to get a smoother cookie dough repair!
Sure! When you’ve made your cookie dough, you may gown it up with every kind of add-ins. I’ve tried peanut butter chocolate chip , funfetti, and cookies & cream variations. A white chocolate chip, cranberry, and macadamia nut model could be scrumptious. Get artistic with it!
I’d love to listen to in regards to the taste combos you provide you with, so drop me a observe within the feedback beneath 😊
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In case you do this recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram, and you can even discover me on YouTube and Fb
Edible Cookie Dough
Servings: 8 servings
Forestall your display from going darkish
Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and unfold flour in a good layer over the parchment paper.
Bake on 350F (72C) oven for 5-7 minutes²
Enable flour to chill, then run it via a sifter to interrupt up any clumps which will have fashioned whereas baking. Put aside.
In a big bowl (ideally a stand mixer), mix softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Use an electrical mixer to cream collectively till very creamy and really well-combined, 1-3 minutes.
Regularly add cooled, sifted flour, stirring till fully mixed. If dough is just too stiff after totally stirring, add milk, one tablespoon at a time, till desired consistency is reached.
Stir in chocolate chips (and any extra add-ins you may like!)
Greatest loved instantly after making ready, however chances are you’ll retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as one week. Cookie dough will agency up some within the fridge, so for greatest enjoyment let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes earlier than having fun with leftovers.
²To guarantee your flour is protected, I extremely suggest utilizing an immediate learn thermometer to examine that temperature has reached 160F (72C) instantly after eradicating from oven. Be sure your thermometer is inserted within the flour and isn’t touching/studying the temperature of the pan
Serving: 1serving (doesn’t embrace non-compulsory add-ins) | Energy: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 28g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Ldl cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and must be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.