Sweeten up your subsequent social gathering with my tremendous straightforward Cookie Dough Dip! This dessert dip takes simply 10 minutes to make and makes use of no uncooked eggs or uncooked flour. Recipe features a how-to video!
At present’s cookie dough dip recipe is a fast and straightforward dip that tastes like your favourite chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s creamy, clean, and completely unattainable to devour responsibly, so seize your stretchy pants for this one.
Right here’s what you’ll love about this cookie dough dip:
- Straightforward to make. Takes all of 5-10 minutes to whip collectively.
- Will be made prematurely. In the event you merely don’t have that 5-10 minutes to spare on the day you want this dip, no worries! Make it as much as 3 days prematurely and retailer within the fridge.
- Suitable for eating! No uncooked eggs and no uncooked flour (which, in case you’re not up-to-speed, has often been discovered to have been contaminated with e.Coli). We’ll heat-treat the flour briefly and within the microwave to eradicate any danger, actually takes only a few seconds!
- Truly tastes like cookie dough. This was an enormous one for me! You’ll have all of the flavors of true, genuine chocolate chip cookie dough, from the wealthy notes of vanilla and butter to the delicate sugar-crystal texture from the sugar.
- Not too candy! Utilizing cream cheese as the bottom not solely makes the dip extremely creamy, it retains the dip from being so overbearingly candy which you could solely deal with a chew or two (with out making the dip style like cheesecake!).
Let’s get began!
What You Want
This cookie dough dip makes use of easy elements for indulgent outcomes. Right here’s what you want:
- Flour. It merely wouldn’t be a real cookie dough dip with out flour. This ingredient helps to provide the dip the right consistency and taste. might want to warmth deal with the flour earlier than you employ it to keep away from any danger of E.coli.
- Sugar. I exploit a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar to steadiness the sweetness. For the brown sugar, you should utilize both mild brown (which is able to yield a paler and barely much less wealthy dip) or darkish brown (which is able to yield a darker and richer dip), or you should utilize a 50/50 break up of the 2, which is my choice! In the event you don’t have brown sugar readily available, see my tutorial on find out how to make brown sugar!
- Cream cheese. This provides the dip its creamy base and retains it from being too candy.
- Butter. I like to recommend unsalted, softened butter (although in case you solely have salted readily available you should utilize that and easily pass over the salt).
- Vanilla. Vanilla is vital for cookie dough taste. Use your selfmade vanilla extract when you’ve got it!
- Salt. Desk salt or positive sea salt will work.
- Chocolate chips. I like to make use of mini semisweet chips. Full-sized chips will work, however I’ve discovered they will look like a bit an excessive amount of for dipping.
- Snacks for dipping. Strawberries, pretzels, graham crackers (my private favourite), waffle cone items and vanilla wafers are all good choices. Generally I prefer to be additional indulgent and use mini chocolate chip cookies for dipping.
SAM’S TIP: Be certain that your cream cheese is completely softened earlier than utilizing and mix it nicely with the butter, or your dip might be lumpy.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the publish!
Methods to Make Cookie Dough Dip
- Microwave your flour in 10-second increments till it reaches a temperature above 160F. Let it cool utterly (heat flour may make your dip runny!).
- In a separate bowl, stir collectively cream cheese, butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt with an electrical mixer till clean and creamy.
- Sift your (cooled!) flour over the moist elements and stir to mix.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and revel in!
SAM’S TIP: In the event you’re not serving this dip instantly, you may cowl it with plastic wrap and retailer within the fridge till able to serve. Take into accout it can possible want to melt at room temperature for a couple of minutes earlier than you serve it from the fridge.
Regularly Requested Questions
My recipe makes about 2 ½ cups whole, which, in case you’re serving it at a potluck with a variety of different dip and dessert choices needs to be sufficient to serve about 8 individuals. Nonetheless, in case you’re something like my typical visitors you may wish to take into account doubling the recipe (and when you’ve got they’ll maintain within the fridge for a number of days!).
Sure! This recipe accommodates no uncooked eggs and features a step for warmth treating your flour, so you may eat it with out worrying about salmonella or E.coli.
In the event you’re seeking to go the cream-cheese-free route, I’d as an alternative counsel you make my edible cookie dough as an alternative. Since this can be a bit thicker than most dips, you will have to skinny it out with some cream (about ½ cup) or milk (you’d want a bit much less because the milk is thinner) till it’s dippable, however it can nonetheless style nice!
As a result of the truth that cookie dough (and this cookie dough dip) aren’t cooked, the sugars which might be used to sweeten it aren’t melted, which suggests they continue to be of their crystallized (gritty!) type. This dip mustn’t have a lot of that sugary texture to it in any respect, however there may be some as, in my view, there needs to be as that is attribute of cookie dough and provides to the general impact!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In the event you do this recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Fb
Cookie Dough Dip
Servings: 8 servings (about ⅓ cup per serving, recipe makes about 2 ½ cups whole)
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Place flour in a microwave-safe dish and warmth in 10-second increments till it reaches a temperature above 160F (71C) (I exploit an instant-read thermometer to test the temperature). Put aside and permit to chill utterly.
Mix cream cheese, butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and salt in a big bowl and use an electrical mixer to beat till creamy, clean, and utterly mixed. If utilizing a stand mixer, be sure you scrape the perimeters and backside of the bowl so cream cheese is clean and no lumps stay.
Sift cooled flour over the cream cheese combination (pressure any lumps by the sifter with a spoon to interrupt them up) and stir till utterly mixed.
Stir in chocolate chips. Serve instantly or retailer, lined, within the fridge till able to serve.
Since some flours have been discovered to be contaminated with E.coli, I like to recommend at all times warmth treating your flour first to keep away from the danger of anybody getting sick. With such a small quantity as this recipe requires it’s easy and fast to do within the microwave, as indicated within the recipe.
This dip could also be saved in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days within the fridge. Notice that it’ll usually turn out to be extra agency because it sits, so chances are you’ll have to let it sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes and stir once more earlier than serving, if making prematurely.
Serving: 1serving (calculated with out dippers) | Energy: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 24g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary info relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.
Deal with your self to a FREE E-BOOK!
I initially shared this recipe on the weblog in 2015 however have since up to date it to make for a smoother dip and to heat-treat the flour. Some readers additionally didn’t look after the grit from the sugar of the unique recipe, and whereas that’s attribute of cookie dough I used to be joyful to oblige and make a a lot smoother dip (it nonetheless has some texture, simply decreased!), which you see right here in the present day!