A sugared and spiced tackle the standard pretzel, these candy twists get a contact of brown sugar within the dough. A ultimate dip in butter and cinnamon sugar sends them proper over the sting into dessert bliss.
- 4½ cups (562 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) firmly packed mild brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) kosher salt
- 2¼ teaspoons (7 grams) prompt yeast
- 1 cup (240 grams) complete milk
- 8½ cups (2,040 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water, divided
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 grams) baking soda
- 1 giant egg yolk (19 grams)
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (12 grams) floor cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix 2 cups (250 grams) flour, brown sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In a small saucepan, warmth milk, ½ cup (120 grams) water, and butter over medium warmth till an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add heat milk combination to flour combination, and beat at medium pace till mixed. Scale back mixer pace to low, and progressively add 2¼ cups (281 grams) flour, beating simply till mixed and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Change to the dough hook attachment. Beat at low pace till a tender, considerably sticky dough varieties, 5 to six minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl and dough hook; add as much as remaining ¼ cup (31 grams) flour, 1 tablespoon (8 grams) at a time, if dough is just too sticky. End up onto a evenly floured floor, and form right into a clean spherical.
- Frivolously oil a medium bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Place a big piece of parchment paper on work floor; mud with flour. Put aside.
- On a really evenly floured floor, divide dough into 12 parts (about 81 grams every). Form every portion right into a ball. Roll every ball right into a 20-inch rope, tapering ends. Form every rope right into a “U” form, and cross ends of rope about 3 inches down. Twist ends as soon as; fold down, and place ends on dough, pinching to seal. (If there may be an excessive amount of flour for ends to stay, place a small quantity of water on dough to assist seal). Place on ready parchment paper. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a 4-quart stockpot, carry 8 cups (1,920 grams) water and baking soda to a delicate boil.
- Rigorously drop pretzels, 1 to 2 at a time, prime facet down, into boiling water combination. Prepare dinner for 30 seconds; flip, and prepare dinner for 30 seconds. Utilizing a spider strainer, elevate, and let extra water drip off; place on ready pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively egg yolk and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water. Brush egg wash onto dough.
- Bake till deep golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool on pans for five minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush melted butter onto pretzels. Place 1 pretzel in cinnamon sugar, and toss till utterly coated. Shake off extra, and place on serving platter. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Serve heat or at room temperature.