Our Café Mocha Cookies positively crackle with floor chocolate-covered espresso beans and freshly brewed espresso within the dough, however for the final word decadent end, we opted for a beneficiant swoop of dulce de leche.
Café Mocha Cookies
- 1½ cups (255 grams) 63% cacao darkish chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups (192 grams) darkish chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 3 massive eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (94 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) brewed espresso, cooled
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (304 grams) dulce de leche*
- Garnish: flaked sea salt, crushed espresso beans
- Within the prime of a double boiler, soften chocolate and butter, stirring incessantly, till easy. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Within the work bowl of a meals processor, pulse darkish chocolate-covered espresso beans till most of beans are finely floor; put aside.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar at excessive pace till very thick and pale, 5 to six minutes. With mixer on low pace, add cooled chocolate combination in three additions, beating till mixed after every addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. With mixer on low pace, progressively add flour combination to egg combination, beating simply till mixed, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in cooled espresso and vanilla. Fold in floor chocolate-covered espresso beans.
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls (35 to 40 grams) about 2 inches aside onto ready pans. (Dough might be very free, much like brownie batter. Use a small spatula to cleanly drop batter from tablespoon scoop.)
- Bake till puffed and cracked, 12 to 13 minutes. Let cool fully on pans. Retailer in hermetic containers between layers of parchment paper at room temperature till able to serve.
- To serve, unfold dulce de leche onto cookies. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and crushed espresso beans, if desired.
*We used Nestlé La Lechera Dulce de Leche.