This Blueberry Sherbet is a cool, candy and creamy deal with that is good for summer season. What an effective way to make use of a bunch of contemporary blueberries, however this works with frozen berries, too! This sorbet is technically a sherbet as a result of it incorporates Greek yogurt and heavy cream, and you’ll love the creaminess!
When you end up with too many contemporary or frozen blueberries, I need you to consider this dreamy blueberry sherbet. That’s, after you are completed making my small batch blueberry muffins, okay?
This can be a sherbet as a result of it incorporates dairy, but it surely doesn’t comprise eggs. A blueberry sorbet usually would not have any dairy merchandise, simply fruit, sugar and ice.
I like that it is filled with contemporary fruit, and I consider it as a light-weight dessert for any summer season evening. In case you love dairy with blueberries, my no bake blueberry cheesecake needs to be subsequent in your listing!
Your entire recipe is made in your meals processor. That is the meals processor I’ve had for over a decade and it has by no means let me down. It is only a fast mix after which into the ice cream maker it goes.
That is the ice cream maker I take advantage of. I like it as a result of it is low-cost and simple to make use of (just one button!). My husband has since upgraded us to this mannequin as a result of it is prepared at a second’s discover and would not require any bowl chilling forward of time.
Easy methods to Make Blueberry Sherbet with Frozen Blueberries
This recipe makes use of simply 1 ½ cups of frozen blueberries. This is the same as the whole 10-ounce bag of frozen blueberries, however I share the measurement of 1 ½ cups, simply in case you purchase large luggage of frozen blueberries like we do.
This recipe requires ½ cup of sugar to make it as candy as grocery retailer blueberry sherbet, however you can decrease it to ⅓ cup and nonetheless get nice outcomes.
- Granulated Sugar. We’re first going to grind the sugar within the meals processor earlier than including all different components. This makes it tremendous positive sugar. Since we’re not cooking this recipe, it additionally helps dissolve the sugar so we do not have a gritty blueberry sorbet on the finish.
- Blueberries. You want 10 ounces or 1 ½ cups of frozen blueberries. In case you’re utilizing contemporary, use 2 cups of contemporary blueberries.
- Greek Yogurt. I extremely advocate full-fat plain yogurt for this recipe, since it’s a dessert in any case. In case you’re extra of a fat-free yogurt individual, you may undoubtedly use that, however know that the sorbet may not have as a lot creaminess. I do not advocate utilizing plain yogurt as a result of it is too runny. Full-fat Greek yogurt is what we’re after.
- Heavy Cream. Only a small splash (⅓ cup) of heavy cream. You should use half and half, should you favor.
- Lemon Juice. Make it freshly squeezed, please, as a result of it can make our blueberry flavors pop.
- Collect all components for the recipe, and have prepared your meals processor. First, add the sugar to the meals processor and course of on HIGH for about 20 seconds, simply to grind it into tremendous positive sugar.
2. Subsequent, add all remaining components: blueberries (contemporary or frozen), Greek yogurt, heavy cream, and lemon juice.
3. Mix till clean, about 1 minute.
4. Switch this combination into your ice cream maker, and church in accordance the manufacture’s instructions. In case you’re utilizing an ice cream maker that has a frozen bowl, it ought to solely take 10 minutes. It’s completed being churned when it’s thick and frozen, as seen pictured beneath.
5. Place the semi-frozen combination right into a dish, and freeze for not less than 4 hours earlier than scooping and serving.
What to Serve with Blueberry Sherbet
I feel it is a nice, refreshing dessert that is on the lighter aspect. I wish to serve it with a small scoop of blueberries on the backside of the bowl. I like the way in which the sorbet begins to freeze them. A thyme sprig or lemon slice is gorgeous on prime, too!
Strive smashing a number of mini scoops of this sherbet in between chocolate graham crackers. Chocolate and berries have been made for one another, and here is proof with my combined berry smores!
Cook dinner Time
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon contemporary lemon juice
Blueberries: You want 1 ½ cups frozen or 2 cups contemporary blueberries. In case you’re utilizing frozen, it is the whole 10 ounce bag.
Greek Yogurt: Full-fat plain Greek yogurt.
Heavy Cream: Clearly, heavy cream tastes greatest, however you should utilize half and half.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 310Whole Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 32mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g