The filling may be very easy: blueberries layered with a combination of flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Loopy, however it works! Does pie filling get simpler than this!?
It is a must-have recipe for pie lovers and blueberry lovers alike. Individuals mild up after they eat this pie. It’s a complete expertise. It’s scrumptious with my magic do-it-yourself whipped cream (recipe follows) or do-it-yourself vanilla ice cream.
I make Blueberry Hill Shock each single summer season, typically for Independence Day, and yearly my mates ask me, “Is that this in your weblog?” I might say no and so they’d ask why not. And the reality is, this recipe is so very particular to me because it’s actually the primary recipe I ever really created that I all the time swore I might solely publish it if I ever had my dream of getting a cookbook come true.
Properly as you all know, that dream got here true and The Rose Desk Cookbook got here out final fall and I insisted on placing this pie on the duvet. I made a decision to let or not it’s a Cookbook unique for some time however now, simply in time for Independence Day, I’m lastly releasing it on the weblog. I hope you like this pie as a lot as my household does!
For the pastry:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
½ tsp salt
For the filling:
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
½ tsp cinnamon
5 cups blueberries, rinsed and dried
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Grease and flour a 9-inch pie plate.
- Make the pastry: Beat butter with vanilla. Add eggs separately. Combine in flour, sugar, and salt. Utilizing clear arms, gently unfold half of the dough on the underside and up the edges of the ready pie plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp of the combination over the crust. Pour half the berries onto the crust, sprinkle them with about 4 Tbsp of the cinnamon sugar combination, then high with the remaining berries and sugar combination.
- Utilizing the palms of your arms, flatten the pastry dough and set items over the pie. Repeat with remaining dough till the pie is roofed. (It’s okay if some blueberries peak out!) Evenly brush pastry with milk.
- Make roughly 8 slits within the crust to make sure even baking. Bake till crust is golden and berries are effervescent, about 45-50 minutes.
- Take away pie from the oven. Instantly unfold a tablespoon of butter on the crust. Let cool utterly earlier than serving. Scrumptious with do-it-yourself vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Beat heavy cream with a steel whisk in a relaxing steel bowl till cream begins to thicken.
- Add remaining components and proceed to beat till mushy peaks type. Don’t over combine. Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as three days.
Dream till your goals come true,