The season’s first asparagus, paired with crunchy carrots and radishes, is tossed with mint and vinegar on this spring slaw from cookbook creator Leah Koenig. Take a look at all of our favourite asparagus recipes right here. For cooking suggestions, right here is how we prefer to cook dinner asparagus on the range.
Asparagus Mint Slaw
Uncooked asparagus, carrots, and radishes get tossed with recent mint and vinegar on this vivid and crunchy slaw.
Yield: serves 4
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pink wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper
- ¼ cups coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 5 pink radishes, reduce into skinny matchsticks or thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, darkish inexperienced elements eliminated, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, reduce into skinny matchsticks or shredded utilizing a field grater
- 2 oz. asparagus, fibrous bottoms snapped off, shaved into ribbons utilizing a vegetable peeler
- To a salad bowl, add the oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt and black pepper to style and whisk till sheeny and thickened barely. Add the mint, radishes, scallions, carrots, and asparagus and toss to coat.