Make our flourless almond butter chocolate chip cookie bars for a scrumptious deal with made with healthful substances!
Ooey-Gooey Flourless Cookie Bars Recipe
If there’s one cookie bar recipe that I’ve made time and time once more, it’s these almond butter cookie bars.
They’re grain-free and refined sugar-free, making them an ideal nutritious dessert to share or freeze for later.
They’re constituted of the premise of drippy almond butter, however I’ve made an oatmeal peanut butter variation earlier than and they’re equally nearly as good!
What You Want
You solely want a couple of staple substances to whip up a batch of those bars.
- almond butter: ensure to purchase an all-natural, drippy almond butter so that there’s sufficient fats in these bars. Our favourite is the 365 model.
- coconut sugar: coconut sugar is an all-natural sweetener and is barely much less candy than brown sugar. Brown sugar works too!
- coconut flour: coconut flour is definitely not a flour, however it does act like one!
- eggs: you want 2 giant eggs for these cookie bars.
- darkish chocolate chips: we love darkish chocolate chips as a result of they’re barely much less candy. Nonetheless, semi-sweet and milk chocolate work too!
- vanilla extract: vanilla extract brings out the great taste of the almond butter,
Ensure that almond butter is drippy: our #1 tip is to make use of drippy almond butter…the sort that must be stirred. That is to ensure there’s sufficient oil/fats within the bars.
Don’t overbake: no matter you do, don’t overbake them. I personally like them barely underbaked so they arrive out gooey.
Let cool earlier than slicing: these bars have to set earlier than slicing or they’ll have a tough time holding collectively. Ensure that they cool fully earlier than slicing.
Let bars cool fully. Then, retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
I favor to retailer these bars within the freezer in order that they final the longest.
- Place sliced bars on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze them for 1 hour.
- Switch bars into an hermetic container or gallon-size bag and freeze them for as much as 3 months.
First, preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 8×8-inch cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Or, line with a bit of parchment paper.
Add the moist substances into a big bowl and blend till mixed. Add dry substances right into a medium bowl and blend till mixed.
Add dry substances into moist and blend till mixed. Your batter ought to have a cookie dough consistency.
Switch the dough into the greased baking dish and use your fingers or a spatula to evenly press it into the pan. Be at liberty to press extra darkish chocolate chips into the highest of your bars.
Bake cookie bars at 350ºF for 12-Quarter-hour or till absolutely cooked within the heart.
Let cool for at the very least half-hour earlier than slicing. Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt.
Ideas & Notes
- A 9×9-inch or 6×10-inch pan would work too. The cook-time would differ.
- Ensure that to let the bars cool for half-hour earlier than slicing in order that they will agency up.
Energy: 276kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 7g Fats: 17g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 18g
Images: pictures taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.